Ask Happy Homemaker!

by compound complex 337 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

THANKS, Dagney, for your insights!

HAL:

My first and most memorable professional encounter with SWKT was on the set of YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN during the "yummy sound" scene with Froderick, Inga and Eyegore. I was hired as chef extraordinaire for the duration of filming and kept on long after the wrap, given my expertise in the in and nuendoes of the teutonic tongue and its many subtongues. For the piece de resistance I used the choicest wild cherries of the Bavarian countryside, the smoothest cream of creams and hand-picked cacao beans milled under my scrutinizing eye.

The monster's yummy sounds were not for naught, though it did prove a somewhat knotty problem to whip up a second confection after Eyegore naughtily polished off the remainder of the torte before we were to have descended into the laboratory to invite him (the monster) up for a slice.

We ended the evening happily with a game of charades ...

H.H.

• compound complex
    compound complex

candymaking.net Presents:

The Art of Candy Making
    Fully Explained

Top 100 Recipe Sites

Compiled by Mrs. Sherwood P. Snyder
    (1915)

Since we're so heavily into sweets of late, try this on for size:

HAPPY HOMEMAKER!

• compound complex
    compound complex

candymaking.net Presents:

The Art of Candy Making
    Fully Explained

Top 100 Recipe Sites

Compiled by Mrs. Sherwood P. Snyder
    (1915)
  • FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Dear Happy Homemaker:

No matter how tired I am every morning lately, I cannot seem to get serious about sleep and going to bed until 2 AM. I am often tired hours before, but punish myself by fighting sleep. Any remedy?

Signed,

No Bliss

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear No Bliss,

Bummer! I myself suffer through the same problem. I sleep a few hours ... I write a few hours ... I sleep a few.... Perhaps not identical to your pattern but similar enough. It's absolutely frustrating!

You have way too much on your mind and perhaps might seek a means to calm your soul and spirit. Some wakeful individuals engage in mild physical activity, which serves not only as a temporary distraction from one's dilemmas but, at the same time, gets some chore accomplished. You're pooped, you sleep.

There's no simple solution, Dear Lady, but I've personally chosen not to fight sleep when it appears to be beckoning. I get it in snatches and, when awake, attempt cheerfully and resolutely to get something done. I rarely sleep more than a couple hours at a time.

Now if you have a question on home care or home decor ...

Hope this helps!

Happy Homemaker!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Now if you have a question on home care or home decor ...

Hope this helps!

Happy Homemaker!

It helps a lot.

I'll think on home care or decor while I'm at work today. I'll get back to you later. Thank you very much. You're a delight. I'm glad you haven't quit posting here.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear No Bliss,

I look forward to answering any questions you might have about putting sass into housekeeping and style into home decor....

Happy Homemaker!

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Dear Happy Homemaker,

What tea would be appropriate to serve when welcoming the Age of Aquarius into my home?

SL

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

HH,

Before you address the tea protocol, let me just say regarding the sleep dilemma:

There's no simple solution, Dear Lady, but I've personally chosen not to fight sleep when it appears to be beckoning. I get it in snatches and, when awake, attempt cheerfully and resolutely to get something done. I rarely sleep more than a couple hours at a time.

................that, as one ages, and simultaneously racks up the vagaries and baggage of aging, slumber becomes ever more precious and elusive. Actually, it can become quite a slippery little basta.....well, you get my drift........please expand on this theme.............

BB

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings and appreciation to:

SL and BB.

Thank you for your inquiries and commentary.

Happy Homemaker is currently in simultaneous conference with Tea Drinkers Anonymous, The Aquarian Old-Agers and Serta Perfect Sleeper representatives. He, with characteristic prescience, has anticipated your very genuine needs in advance of your communication.

Upon completion of certain auguries and the determination upon which trail, to which lofty mystical mount he should ascend, Happy Homemaker will supply, in a lovely package with a bow, the answers you seek.

Kindest regards,

Staff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit