How can I know for sure that the WTS isn't God's organization?

by nbernat 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• worf
    worf

Read Crisis of Conscience and In Search Of Christian Freedom, both written by Raymond Franz.

Pay particular attention to the chapter entitled "Double Standards", which details with irrefutable proof, that the watchtower society intentionally sacrificed the lived of tens of thousands of men, women, and children in Malawi, in order to continue to promote its cult organization.

Worf

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

They have constantly predicted Armageddon - and it still hasn't happened yet.

They have protected child molesters - while telling the victims to shut up about it.

They preach about love - but break apart families through shunning.

They base their claim to God's annointing on wrong historical dates - originally developed with pyramids.

They base their beliefs in a "Faithful and Discreet Slave class" by turning a parable into a prophecy - a bizarre theology with no parallel.

But others have already answered much better than I possibly can...read Franz's books.

• oompa
    oompa
    void: They base their beliefs in a "Faithful and Discreet Slave class" by turning a parable into a prophecy - a bizarre theology with no parallel.

I dunno Void....you may be better than you think...i really like that.........oompa

• lesterd
    lesterd

Same way you KNOW that it is.

God does not lie and the borg does.

• worf
    worf

Yeah Void,

I agree with oompa. You crystallized the proof that the wts is not from god with your statement about the parable being turned into a prophecy.

Worf

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Right on Void....

Cheers!
    hope4others

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I don't like the search function on this site because it doesn't seem to work too well for me. Where has the Watchtower Society gone wrong and why haven't the DO's and CO's who are especially bright and so well-versed in the scriptures not figure out it's a hoax (if it in fact is)?

No, the search engine here is not what you need to find comments on how the WTS
    totally qualifies as a false prophet. But you are better off with your own search than
    anyone doing it for you.

Use google and search for individual things. Go to freeminds.org and jwfacts.com and
    other places that your search leads you. Follow their links. Go to websites of misquotes
    or to the library itself. Follow things out for yourself to be sure it ain't just some bitter
    former JW's telling you things. It's so necessary if you are asking the questions and
    battling back and forth with yourself.

Google will also pick up on many discussions from this forum if you search for
    information by JW buzzwords.

• jgnat
    jgnat
    I don't like the search function on this site because it doesn't seem to work too well for me.

Not a great reason to dismiss what is here, don't you think? If I ever search the masses of information on this site, I use advanced search in google, as in

"Governing Body" site:jehovahs-witness.com . I prefer google over nearly every other search engine out there.

Where has the Watchtower Society gone wrong and why haven't the DO's and CO's who are especially bright and so well-versed in the scriptures not figure out it's a hoax (if it in fact is)?

First of all, there are DO's and CO's who leave. You don't hear much from them, do you? Perhaps the admonition to the congregation not to listen to "apostates" has something to do with that.

I think any fella who sits in on an Elder's meeting will figure out right quick that not everything is right. Where is the kindness, the patience, the prayerful reference to scriptures for a decision? I figure the Elders who remain are the type of men who cave to social pressures, or perhaps crave the esteem of their brothers.

Consider also how much a DO/CO has invested in the organization by the time they realize they are in a mess. Where is their nest-egg, graduate degree, or "Plan B"?

I think the entire recruitment process is designed to so invest the person that they cannot (gracefully) back out. The discomfort from realizing they've been duped can put even the brightest person in to cognitive dissonance. In fact, I think brighter people are more creative in their excuses why they remain.

Have you ever chatted with a flat-earth proponent? They are so sincere, so articulate, so deluded...

So after all this, how can you know what is sure, and what is false? Go back to the basics. Sit in a park for a day. Watch the sky, the birds, the trees, the dogs frolicing in the park. Watch old people stroll down the lane, hand in hand. What truths are revealed there? What is of real value?

I think dogs teach us that play is never irrelevant. If we take the time to listen.

I am getting an inordinate amount of pleasure watching my flax plant bloom fresh flowers daily, dropping it's petals every at noon.

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/1153612622044617040QBDiLY

Finally, how do I know that the WTBTS is not God's organization? Because of it's fruit. If there were only one organization representing God in these days, I would expect it to be outstanding in love, grace, and good works. It is not. In fact, it is markedly deficient.

• nbernat
    nbernat

I'm agnostic already and if the Abrahamic god IS THE god, I ain't worshipping him.

Thanks, I'm in pioneer school right now and I don't like the DO or CO.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Nbernat-if I haven't welcomed you before, WELCOME!

You know, there have been EXTREMELY brilliant catholic men, many of them brothers-Franciscans, Jesuits, whatever, who have for hundreds of years separated their faith in God from their loyalty to the church. It is a funky thing, but a lot of people who DO know better have stayed in (a) church for the same reasons that most of the JWs who know better do(and many of the JWs are on this board and they DO know better-there are elders and MSs here.) They stay in because it is EXPECTED of them, they fear losing something they value if they leave-whether family or community respect, academic or scholarly acclaim, resource$ to carry on charitable or scientific or academic work and/or study. Being smart has nothing to do with it. Bill Gates is smart-he isn't a JW. (no offence to Bill Gates, but-)Hitler and Geobel were smart, even Rutherford was 'smart'(and yet an idiot, so go figure). They manage to focus on something and made (somewhat) of a success of it. At the same time, it is pretty evident that the better educated that one actually is, the more likely they are to LEAVE the organization. Because if you aren't either afraid(many JW's) or power hungry(the rest), there is no reason to stay in the WTS's brand of religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit