Mexico angry at the influx of Mexicans into Mexico...

by zeroday 91 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    borders are for people who live in little boxes.

Didn't the EU pass a law last month for the detention of illegal immigrants for up to 18 months and also the banning of them from returning for 5 years? Doesn't that basically make it a crime for a poor person looking for a better future?

• Superfine Apostate
    Superfine Apostate

not sure about that law, but yeah, the EU is drifting in the same direction. sucks.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

You're right.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/06/18/europe/migrant.php

I guess it shows the power of the German MEPs. Germany already had an 18-month detention length in force. For 8 countries though it will be an improvement: they didn't have an upper limit. Human rights activists, on the other hand, fear that most other countries will extend their shorter detention lengths.

No surprise, the decision has stirred a lot of controversy:

“Europe has written one of the darkest pages of its history and can no longer be considered the cradle of human rights” said MEP Giusto Catania of Italy, vice-chairman of the Committee on Civil Liberties. “This text cancels out centuries of a civilisation based on legitimacy and puts Europe in the hands of a racist and xenophobic culture,” he said.
  • Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

It's not a crime for a poor person to look for a better future. It IS a crime, however, to cross international borders illegally. No matter what your reasons, it is a crime. We have not shut our borders; in fact, about 1 million people legally come to live in the United States every year. The UK and the US are experiencing similar problems in dealing with the unchecked migration of illegal aliens within their borders. We don't mind people comming here; we're all immigrants ourselves in one way or another. What we do mind is when people blatantly ignore our laws and want us to be nice about it.

Mexicans, if you wanna come here, feel free! Just fill out the proper paperwork and wait your turn like the millions of legal immigrants who live in our country. If I illegally went to live in Mexico, I bet they'd put me in jail, deport me, or just shoot me and leave me for dead wherever they found me.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere
    What we do mind is when people blatantly ignore our laws and want us to be nice about it.

There are so many here in texas and they even have the nerve to fly the dam mexican flag here. If they love it that much, wish they would leave. 90% of the time when there is a robbery or rape, you can bet it's a mexican that done it. They have a "card " that lets them buy all their food and clothes and I am pretty sure their gas. If you watch them when they leave the store, they get in a brand new Dodge pick-up or new car. Most are young so you know the government is behind this. You can't blame them for coming over when everything is givin to them free.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

If you really want to read something interesting, amusing...and at the same time...sad...access the Mexican govt.'s Immigration web site. Good, now navigate to the section about the legal requirements for anyone to migrate TO Mexico !

You are not going to believe how strict their standards are !

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    There are so many here in texas and they even have the nerve to fly the dam mexican flag here. If they love it that much, wish they would leave. 90% of the time when there is a robbery or rape, you can bet it's a mexican that done it. They have a "card " that lets them buy all their food and clothes and I am pretty sure their gas. If you watch them when they leave the store, they get in a brand new Dodge pick-up or new car. Most are young so you know the government is behind this. You can't blame them for coming over when everything is givin to them free.

Oh, do tell about the magical card 'they' have to get food and clothes and gas!! I'd love to know more about it.

And the 90% of rapes and robbery...very interesting. Do tell where you get that little stat?

'They' get brand new Dodge pickups? Who do? The brown colored people you see leaving stores? No Sh*t. Really. WTF is up with BROWN people having nice cars??? Well, I NEVER.

(Obviously they could not have earned the money themselves ....and they could not be AMERICANS.... so the Government must be giving illegals stuff! )

This post made me want to hurl.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

ok the magic card was a stupid post. I mean really, point it out. I'm a Mexican and I guess I missed the boat with the magic card. Does the magic card have other abilities? Is it a get out of jail card? Will it get me into a VIP room to see Paris Hilton? Will it give me a down payment on a home?

I've had to listen to this stupid red neck mentality all my life because these 'tards thought they were talking to a Caucasian because I don't have an accent, I'm faired skin, and I don't listen to Banda.

Honestly I want all people, (and I mean all people), in this country accounted for so that if anyone commits a crime, they are traceable.

• Forscher
    Forscher

Ah my bleeding conservative heart really bleeds for them!

Typical of the liberal countries who hate us to demand that we do what they say instead of doing what they do.

Forscher

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Maybe they have stuff because they WORK. My parents where University educated and they came here to only receive lower blue collar jobs. Yep them Mexican sure is ignorant. But education pays off and I grew up fairly comfortable.

I still say accountability. Get everyone registered and then TAX. If they are making the money then they should be taxed. But if u don't know they are hear because an environment of fear is in place to gettting outed then they will remain invisible and not get taxed.

What's with this crime statistic? 90%? Are there even enough Mexicans in this country to qualify such a statistic?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit