Have you Made Closer Friends on JWD than you had as a Witness ?

by flipper 55 Replies latest jw friends

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I didn't have an opportunity to meet up with many people hear. I just most recently started to do so and now this place has a closing sign. Of the few I met, very sincere. Of the posters it's a mix. Those who are sincere in their postings genuinely appear to be so. The other paranoid bully posters remind me of why I left JW's. Unfortunately the bullies seem to be the majority

• flipper
    flipper

FEZ03GRL- I agree with you that it's important to have friends who were not JW's who can be supportive ; and have friends who are ex-JW's who are supportive too. It gives us both perspective of things. Glad you made some good friends after you were dfed.

EYESLICE- I hear what you are saying . With the addition of on-line communication we really have made friends on-line , not like the people we see in day to day life, but friends nevertheless. I too am happy that JWD has been able to bring people together for support.

WHA HAPPENED ? - I feel there have been some nice people to get toknow here on JWD. Lots of the nice ones have gone to JW support forum now. I feel that some of the bullies who were here will go to bully type boards like JWO where other bullies reside. Life has a way of working like that . Bullies will want to hang out with other bullies ; and nice people will want to hang out with other nice people ! Birds of a feather , flock together

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

No. I'm closest to those who have already been in my life for years prior. However, some people here know me in ways that those longtime friends do not. You know who you are. ;)

• caliber
    caliber

Flipper,

This is a second reply to this undated post.. They are most definitely closer

in mental understanding and loyalty ....Maybe not closer emotionally but in sincerity...

face to face meeting would be the absolute bonding . The main thing is that they

need not make any pretense of "loving their brother " just because "mother"

(WT). has given you some sort of stamp of approval ! Maybe it is like some say about

on line dating service... it's good to mentally half way connect before you even attempt to

meet. Some question people's motives and true character but is this not a risk everywhere in life ?

Maybe I am naive but I like to think that I can read fairly clearly intent and motives !

the acid test is yet in the furture..but isn't that what life is all about.. 'live and learn ?"

A phrase I would add .".have you made more GENUINE friends ?" Or to be more fair to the poor

people sitting at the KH. Are you allowed to pick your own true friend ?

Caliber

• flipper
  • flipper
    flipper

LONELY SHEEP- I'm glad you had other people in your life as well ! And that you connected with some here on the board.

CALIBER- I agree that in the witnesses, our friend were pre-picked for us ; we had only the choice of a Jehovah's Witness for a friend, or a Jehovah's Witness for a friend. In other words - limited. But as you said online here we can get to know some mentally before we ever meet them so we get a pretty god handle on what they are about before we meet them at an apostafest or wherever. Good points you make

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit