Have you Made Closer Friends on JWD than you had as a Witness ?

by flipper 55 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

PEC- I hear you. I never fit in because I was independent too . Also the elders didn't like that I was not a brown noser who tried to reach out for elderhood. I just wanted to be liked for being authentic and being me ; not any position I could attain. Non-witness friends are much more authentic and real

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Yes I have. I don't have any JW friends, really wasn't that close to many JW's when I was in either. I have met some really really great people here on JWD, and many others I have talked to on the phone etc. that have offered me support and advice during a very difficult time in my life. I love my JWD friends!

BB

• flipper
    flipper

BUMBLE BEE- I hear you. I too didn't have many friends as a witness because they seemed so fake, plastic. I have found more real people here on JWD in a year and 4 months than I did in 44 years in the witnesses. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

There are a few on here that I would love to meet and have over to my place for dinner, and become good friends with - it's just the distance thing, otherwise it would have been done already.

• flipper
    flipper

Loubelle- My wife and I feel the same about you. We would love to have you for dinner sometime. Maybe we can meet in the middle of the Atlantic ocean- halfway between Africa and the U.S. , Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Have you made some tight friendships here on the JWD board ?

There are so many on this board I have much affection for. Most of them I haven't met yet.

• Bubblie
    Bubblie

There are lots of people on JWD that you can meet at the Apostafests. I encourage all to go when you can. Meeting the faces behind the names is so much fun. Bumble Bee nice pic! I don't know how to do a pic yet. I will find out how to do this soon. The friends from the board are way better than the witnesses who only will like you if you attend & shun you when you leave. Such an ugly thing to do!! My new friends here would never do that! I love this board.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Robdar said it well.

There are so many on this board I have much affection for. Most of them I haven't met yet.

On top of that I have a JWD friend with whom I communicate regularly, never met , but a close friend and kindred spirit. There are many that I respect, many that make me laugh. At least we can speak our mind. There is none of this "following the Society" and saying what you are supposed to say..

I left the area where I had been brought up. Fellow elders and all, but it was like leaving a job. We said goodbye and never thought about keeping in touch. When I stopped serving and made my dissatisfaction known the local elders and "brothers" just ignored me with never a thought..Christian love?

• R.F.
    R.F.

Yeah, i've made a few very good friends here.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

On JWD? No, I haven't. I do not think that I can truly get know someone over a keyboard. However, I have made some very good friendships with people I have met since leaving the WTS. I think the reason for this is based on the fact that their friendship is not conditional to my standing with the Borg. Also, I can trully talk to them about my true feelings without worring about whether or not something I say might be construed as "apostacy" and having them blabber to the Elders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit