Have you Made Closer Friends on JWD than you had as a Witness ?

by flipper 55 Replies latest jw friends

• caliber
    caliber
    it all depends on how much effort you put into it, and how much of yourself you risk exposing about yourself to others. Honesty breeds solid friendships. With a dose of humility.

I have lost [mostly I hope] those prejudices and fears of those who think or act differently than I do. I have become accepting of differences as a positive.

I am by nature a cautious person, but in the above to quotes I see so much more freedom to strive for , trust involves risk.

" WT. think," has taught us that believing the exactly same things, is what makes for unity and trust.. the sure thing so to speak ....

may we overcome this one last fallacy ( well at least in my case)

Caliber

• Layla33
    Layla33
    On JWD? No, I haven't. I do not think that I can truly get know someone over a keyboard. However, I have made some very good friendships with people I have met since leaving the WTS. I think the reason for this is based on the fact that their friendship is not conditional to my standing with the Borg. Also, I can trully talk to them about my true feelings without worring about whether or not something I say might be construed as "apostacy" and having them blabber to the Elders.

I would agree 100% with this statement.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Friends while in? Well they are fair weather friends, aren't they? Where are they now. Shaking their heads when they think of speak of us. Pitying us and turning away when they pass us. Refusing to speak with us, much less hang out with us or offering a shoulder or comfort when we are at a breaking point.

I have friends here that I wish lived close by. I have a couple of friends I am closer to than others. I have one very dear friend who I admire very deeply and cherish the support and things we share in correspondance. Some of the ladies, I would love to have coffee with, go on girls' night outs and maybe weekends away. I could be friends with a few of the fellas here. It's just sad that we are all so distant from each other.

• flipper
    flipper

Was out of town at the Tahoe apostafest - so I'll reply to your great thoughts ! Thanks !

ROBDAR- I met about 18 on the board at the South Lake Tahoe apostafest in California this weekend and it was great ! I'd love to meet the rest here too !

BUBBLIE- Very true- apostafests are great ! The JWD board of friends are a lot more accepting than the " conditional " friends we had as witnesses.

BLUES BROTHER- I too have some close JWD friends who I can talk about anything with ! When I stopped attending in 2003 , I was blackballed as well from former friends.

R.F. - I would like to meet you someday - I bet you are fun to get to know !

XJW4EVER- I agree you can't fully get to know a person over the keyboards here. However if you get a chance to meet 18 people like I did this weekend at an apostafest - the picture takes on a clearer appearance.

CALIBER- I agree. Being cautious is good. But you are right when you said to be trusting it involves taking risks as well. And recognizing people's differences and how that is a good thing is a very growing experience too.

LAYLA 33- I agree it takes more than keyboard involvement to get to really know somebody.

FLYING HIGH NOW- I too had a lot of " conditional " friends while being a JW who would spit on me now if I walked by them on the street. Witnesses have no real " natural affection " and it's disgusting that they turn a cold shoulder on us when we are at the breaking point. I'm glad you have close friends on the board and it is a pity that many of us live far distances away. My wife and I enjoy your comments and takes on things by the way. Perhaps we could meet you someday at an apostafest ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

No. I would gladly take some of the closed-minded, judgemental, haughty, and ignorant friends that I made as a JW over 80% of the people that I have met in person from JWD. Many of you need to be in a fucking mental institution.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Having a bad day sweetface?

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Not at all. I had a good day. In fact, I had a great day. I am just being honest about the overall attitude and demeanor of the majority of the people that I have met from here. It's quite pathetic.

• JK666
    JK666

A Friend Is A Friend - Pete Townshend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpiYXRt5MyM

When eyes meet in silence

A pact can be made

A life-long alliance

That won't be betrayed

Be friendly, befriend me now

A friend is a friend

Nothing can change that

Arguments, squabbles

Can't break the contract

That each of you makes

To the death, to the end

Deliver your future
    Into the hands of your friend

WOODLAND CREATURES

HOGARTH

A promise is a promise

A handshake will seal it

No amount of discussion

Can ever repeat it

Commitment forever

To borrow or lend

Deliver your future

BADGER

When eyes meet in silence You need a pact

A pact can be made

A life-long alliance CROW

That won't be betrayed Won't be betrayed

You need a mate BADGER

When facing the end You need a mate

What is the fate

Now facing my friend? BADGER

Facing my friend What is the fate?

What faces my friend?

HOGARTH and WOODLAND CREATURES

A friend is a friend

Nothing can change that

Arguments, squabbles

Can't break the contract

That each of you makes

To the death, to the end

Deliver your future

HOGARTH

JK

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I didn't really get involved with the social aspect of JWs here, although I recently met up with one poster and we had a great time.

I tend to stick to posting articles, newsy stuff on JWs.

This forum has helped to fill many voids.

I will never forget it.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I had many wonderful friends in the WT. of course they did as "MOTHER" told them & dropped me. I still love em though.
    I too have met good friends on here. I am so sorry our friends ship will be over .

sweetface ....I think you are hurting. I hope I am not one of those idiots you mentioned. if I am I ask your forgivness.,"Walk softly & put down the big stick"
    I wish you all the best ....truthfully!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit