Have you Made Closer Friends on JWD than you had as a Witness ?

by flipper 55 Replies latest jw friends

• justhuman
    justhuman

Mr Flipper I did.....

Although I'm on the other side of the world, in Greek Island yes I did...And I really going to miss JWD. I feel like a close friend is dying and there is nothing to do about him.

JWD was a place when we all had a common bond. WT Cult. We all were survivors of that cult and all had the same expieriences and pain

Mr Flipper you are one of my best friends in this forum. Plus you are No.1 Beatle fun I ever knew. Going to miss your posts with the musical perspective...Still BEATLES are the best band ever....

Some other friends are Tom Cabeen, Blondie(I will miss her WT comments) BurnTheShips, Dogpatch, Nicolaou(we have national bond)

I will miss them all, because all they were true friends acccepting me the way I'm uncoditionally

Love you all guys

• lola28
    lola28

Nope

• flipper
    flipper

Thought I would bump this thread up since I saw some responses. Been out of town working- I missed the responses.

SWEETFACE- I'm sorry you had some bad experiences with negative people on this board. But to say many here need to be in a " Fuc$ing mental institution " is really stretching it.

JK- Nice song, A Friend is a Friend.

TRUTHSEEKER- I'm glad the forum has helped you.

MOUTHY- I consider you one of the most respectful , loving posters on this board ! I consider you a friend.

JUST HUMAN- You are a great guy as well ! I consider you a friend too. A true Beatles fan. Yes, I do love the Beatles - when I was younger ate, slept, and drank the Beatles ! Well- not THAT much ! But I liked em'.

LOLA 28- Sorry you didn't make friends here

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Have you Made Closer Friends on JWD than you had as a Witness ?

No not at all but I didn't anticipate to create ones since this is an on-line forum and my only real intension of joining was to help people out.

Being out and away from JWS for more than 20 years I thought it gave me more of an outside perspective of this religion and what it does to people.

Using some free time to help people seemed like a worthwhile thing to do, personally the friends that I was suppose to like and associate with as a JW, I never

really didn't like at all.

• flipper
    flipper

HOMEROVAH- I hear you. Even though I have made great friends here- one of my main purposes is like you - to assist those getting out of the witness cult ! It makes me feel good when I see newbies ! Peace out,Mr.Flipper

• minimus
    minimus

Closer?? No. More in common? Yes.

• Preston
    Preston

I wish I had some local friends.

- Preston

• flipper
    flipper

MINIMUS- More in common is good.

PRESTON- I wish you had closer friends where you are too. Perhaps you could get some together from nearby states

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Not really. I had a couple of good "friends" in the JWs, although we weren't close towards the end due to geographical distance.

I haven't made close friends on JWD, but I have met some really lovely people. I think the main reason that I haven't made close friendships is that I already have a full life beyond being an ex-JW. It is over 14 years since I was disfellowshipped. It would have been great for me if I had access to a network of ex-JWs like this back then, but I didn't so I muddled through and gained some wonderful friends who are just normal people with no particular religious background.

I am not saying that the two are mutually exclusive, but I do think it is an important part of recovery to have people in your life who don't "get it' but try to understand, as well as ex-JWs who have all the same crazy you do!

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

I think of friends as the people that I share my day to day life with. The people who live next door. The people who I go out with on a Saturday night for a few beers and may be a meal. The people whose weddings, or weddings of their kids more like now a days, I go to. The people I help move when they move house. The people who help me when I have car trouble. Real friends, in the real world.

I guess that there is now a different class of friends. People we share our on-line life with. JWD has been a great way of bringing like minded people together for support and encouragement, and for that I am grateful.

Eyeslice

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit