Breaking News - Ramblings of the Governing Body

by Edward Elder 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

I guess being a GB member, you're allowed to preach untruths (angels reading hearts) with free license.

And I bet that most JWs listening to that talk sat there with adoration on their faces, smiling, nodding, and nudging their neighbor and smiling and nodding at them.

You know they didn't even blink.

So, yet another example of Orwellian Doublethink.

Here we go...

Who can read hearts?

Only Jehovah can read hearts.

Big Brother says angels are reading householder's hearts.

Who can read hearts?

Jehovah and his angels can read hearts.

Isn't Jehovah the only one who can read hearts? Yes, I distinctly remember being taught that.

No. Jehovah and the angels can read hearts. You were wrong. CRIMETHINK!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

What do you figure the angels are marking down about this householder? For what it's worth, I felt sorry for the old brother and couldn't watch the whole thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5FcXgyfv1Y&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0OmiXR_3kw&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aufk_JVf39w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M00pk7tZIm4

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

The real kick in the ass is what the guy says about the witnesses "they don't take blood transfusions..." THAT is about ALL that people know about JW's or here's a good one "they don't celebrate Christmas because they don't believe in Jesus..." SOOOOOOO what would the angels mark down about the woman who hid and called her neighbor?

Woman at house 1 believes in Jesus and his sacrifice doesn't want to talk to people who aren't christian, called woman down street to warn her to avoid non Christians? WTF is that? I mean wouldn't the angels say that was a GOOD thing? Also what does that say about the preaching work when NONE of the fake people even said anything about gods kingdom or the issues that JW's claim they are out there preaching? How can these people decide in the big court case in the sky when they don't even know what these clowns believe?

• dark angle
    dark angle

this is what i dislike about our teachings. Its all imaginary and not factual. how many did see any angles in the field ministry. none. its just an assumption to make us feel safe and divinely approved. some may say, you cannot see them because they are spirits. but that too is also an assumption, an illusionary idea. so if they can't be seen how do we know that they are accompanying us in the field service. there is no proofs. its all imaginary.

this saddened me alot since many of my relatives can't see the shaky foundation of their beliefs. its all grounded on an illusion and imagination, not reality.

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

I thought they dropped the teaching of separating the sheep from the goats B4 the great trib ,but they just seem to be promoting a softer version. The GB member must be channeling as he knows exactly where the angels are and what their thinking! What if a brother has been secretly screwing his daughters freind are the angels still there? Or ten years ago the young married sister had sex before marriage with her husband ,have the angels been there with her for the past ten years in FS........I don't think so but the GB member must think so ,unless he thinks all he addresses in his speaches are perfectly moral?

• VM44
    VM44

Stephen Lett lives in a well developed fantasy world.

He obviously likes to make up stories in an attempt to validate his view of reality.

But really, from what source does Lett obtain his ideas?

Just saying somthing is so doesn't mean it really is so!

• White Dove
    White Dove

Equivocations and false dilemmas:

Not wanting to answer the door = a bad heart.

Compliance = convicion = good heart = love.

If I dress well, I will be respected.

I dress well.

Therefore, I am respected.

Not necessarily.

There are too many other options for earning respect besides dressing well.

JWs let their children die from no blood transfusions, but the kids dress well and act nice.

I like how the kids dress and act.

I want to be a JW.

I'm not familiar with non-sequitors, but this does not follow that a person would excuse the JW's death wish for their loved ones in favor of dressing well and acting nice.

• fresia
    fresia

Your all clueless, the fact that Jehovah's name is mentioned is the point. It doesn't matter if the JW's get pooped on as long as they know they are JW's, Gods name gets vindicated even in a pile of dung, so there.

• White Dove
    White Dove

You know J's name is getting vindicated (or you are blessed by J or persecuted by Satan) if...

...sitcoms on TV make fun of JWs.

...J's name makes it on a Chris Rock video.

...you get a day in fs filled with not at homes.

...you get bit by a dog or shot by a hh.

...your kid gets the crap beat out of her/him at school for not eating the birthday cupcake.

...your car gets egged on Hallowe'en.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu
    It doesn't matter if the JW's get pooped on as long as they know they are JW's,

If they got pooped on people wouldn't know that they are JW's.

They wouldn't be well dressed if they had poop on.

I think the gb should have a wt article on this subject.

Getting pooped on - Does it matter?

I wonder if Jesus and the Apostles were well dressed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit