Breaking News - Ramblings of the Governing Body

by Edward Elder 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

How hilarious!

If the angels were really reading people's hearts, why don't they just guide the witnesses directly to the homes of receptive ones and save time? Oh yeah, that would make the number of Field Circus hours take a trememdous dive .... sorry, my bad.

• bobld
    bobld

Outlaw you are priceless.

Bob

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

I am embarrassed to say I used this same illustration in a few Public Talks I used to give.

The scary part is that it is almost word for word. I know a few other Bethelites used it as well.

I am thinking it is quite funny that 13 years later, the GB is using an illustration created by a now apostate.

Me personnally? I am completely embarrassed and ashamed that I actually used to eblieve this stuff.

• blondie
    blondie

Search as you might on the WT-CD, you will never find a quote saying that the angels can read hearts, only God and Jesus. I wonder what he used as support for that statement.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

OH MY GOD!

How can anyone with a measure of intelligence sit and listen to that kind of speech and not clue in to the absurdity?

Mind control is a fascinating thing.

The Oracle

• amicus
    amicus
    I've clocked up 16 months in this apartment - much of which has been self imposed solitary confinement barring a couple of stateside trip-hops and I havent seen hide nor hair of them in my neighbourhood once. Good, I say.

Yeah, so say I. I was being generous with that time estimate. The most recent time was a sheparding call/return visit about a year ago. "So how you been? Good, you? Good thanks." nervous pause..."So, how's so and so...good, I'll tell him you asked. Great. Umm, you still living in the same place? Yea. Wife and kids ok? Yea. Well guys, thanks for stopping by. Oh sure, you stay in touch. Oh, I will."

My hair is halfway down to my arse, I usually have some oddball music playing in the background. I haven't moved since 1979. I was never df'ed. I'm semi-retired. So I'm rarely not home. The only time I see Witnesses is when I happen to drive by the local hall and some are milling about.

I haven't spoken to Dogpatch/Randy in a few years until recently. We just had a chat about some of the folks from our "first" congregation. It brought back a lot of old memories. One of those for me was how often we worked our territory in the early '70's. We were hitting the houses once every 2 weeks in Canoga Park, 4 weeks for those hard to hit areas. I remember because I was the territory servant and a pioneer. Up here in N California it can't be any more often than once a year in a comparable urban environment. Things have changed. I think for the better. I don't mind if a witness knocks on my door, except that I'm sorry they are still caught in that horrid treadmill.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Typical stuff we heard at assemblies and conventions. Just updated and now said supposidly by the governing body. Same ole stuff said to try to make the rank and file feel that their weekly preaching efforts aren't baloney and a waste of time even though it is. No angels accompaning them, and no god who give a flip for their useless empty words. They would be better off spending the day with their kids doing something fun and rewarding for the whole family.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

i think i was at bethel when i heard that ...thanks for the reminder

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Yep, that sounds like Lett. I can just picture his eyebrows going up and down as he spins this often repeated tall tale. If the angels were involved in the preaching work, people would be joining the JWs in droves. But that's not what's happening.

Frankly, the dubs don't need help knocking on doors out in the boondocks, they need the angels in B'klyn! Maybe an angel could visit the GB meeting and explain what 'this generation' means. Perhaps explain when the 'last days' really are, rather than the last centuries. Why wouldn't an angel warn the FDS who the final King of the North is going to be? Maybe an angel could help them out with exactly which blood fractions are okay and which aren't. Better yet, the angels could just heal any sick JWs. Wouldn't a crowd of miraculously young and healthy JWs suddenly inspire the entire world to listen to Jehovah's message? Or is the world supposed to be impressed with whose kids might be well dressed and well behaved? Maybe the angels could pinpoint the child molestors and throw them in purgatory. Or maybe the angels could weed out those "anointed" that are 'partaking unworthily".

No, in the GB world the angels are cluelessly doing what the FDS tells them... go waste time on not-at-homes.

B the X

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

They really think that JWs need to waste their lives, their time and their gas and money for the angels to be able to be aware of others' hearts conditions? What the hell use is the JWs with all the heart reading going on?

How about the angels paying attention to how they treat their neighbors, family, children, parents? Do they show respect and caring for their co-workers? Do they help the less fortunate when they are able? Life can't tell angels about ones heart condition? Give them an EKG for crying out loud!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit