Do you hate elders and ex-elders?

by nvrgnbk 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

No hate involved. Some elders were arrogent asses. I just kept clear of the ones I did not care for. Few elders are true humanitarians.

• Quentin
    Quentin

I left when the elders were coming in....never had any dealings with them...any jw can be at any time as arrogant as the most power drunk elder...In my day all who had positions in the kh were called servants...that has a nice ring to it, course not all of them were good guys either....

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I think I hate most elders. Sincerely.

Nothing bugged me more than watching a bunch of reetards (No offense to the mentally challenged) get up every morning and strive for that position". Gimme a break. My position has always been a toss up between doggy and cowgirl! LOL

I remember some kids in our old hall in Roseville CA, bugging me to reach out. I asked them why? They said to be an elder....I told them over twenty years ago that I don't wanna be an elder. You coulda heard a pin drop. I hated them then and I hate them even more now.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

In rare cases, they actually do try to run the congregations the way they should be run. However, most of them run things the way the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger wants them run.

The ones I hate are the ones that are actively trying to bring me back, and then trying to hound me to do ever more. Which is just about every single one of them in my former hell--only one was any good, and the other hounders tried to disfellowship him (and slander him when that failed). I especially hate those that continually sabotage my right to be with the opposite sex, again which is most of them.

The ones that used to be hounders? Once a person realizes that a course of action is wrong, and then changes it (which can include stepping down, and even going apostate), they are no longer actively trying to bring me back into the Slaveholdery. Of those, quite a few are right here on this board and are among the best posters (they have the inside secrets).

• avishai
    avishai

Yep, Sixo, you'd have to sell your soul to remain one for a long time. My Dad was an elder. He stepped down when we moved and never became one again, as I suspect it was a similar scenario as him stepping down from two companies and large salaries when he saw corruption. He was one helluva guy, crazy honest. I honestly believe that were he alive today (he died @ 33 in 1983) he would no longer be a dub. BUT...and here's a big but. I do believe that power attracts the corruptible ( an inversion of the original phrase, I believe Heinlein inverted it, I think it makes more sense than "power corrupts, blah blah). I've seen this with elders, I've seen it with cops. Out of the cops I've known, I'd say about 80% are corrupt, and it rarely changes when they leave the force. They really have to work hard at it. I believe it is often the same with elders.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident
    I can't figure out what masterbation has to do with smoking cigarettes.

Yes, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar!

• beksbks
    beksbks

I think it depends on why they became an elder. Just like why someone chooses to become a teacher, a policeman, a doctor, or a politician. I think the majority of them are selfish, egotistical jerks, but there are those few who really want to do good and feel it is their responsibility to try. So, no.

• asilentone
    asilentone

I am not fond of hypocritical elders.

• Superfine Apostate
    Superfine Apostate

as to hating elders: there are not many people i hate, if there are any. hate is not really part of my way of life. i feel disgusted by some people, incomfortable with some, thats pretty much as bad as it gets.

some (ex)elders are real 455H0135. but they would be such anyway, elder or not. it might be possible that 455H0135 are attracted to the elder job?

some (ex)elders are pretty nice. i've been very close to one for a long time. he's kinda smart, looking out of the WT closet, he agreed with most of the issues i critizised about the WT. it always puzzled me though, why he'd see all the problems with this cult, but keep working for them.

he's been pretty cool though, i once told him that i don't believe in any god. he didn't turn me in on that, rather we had an agreement of me not talking too much about that and him not telling his fellow elders.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Good questions. I'm glad I've only known a couple of corrupt controlling dictators. I don't think that's luck either - I don't think elders are inherent power-abusers. I've known a lot of hypocrites but the good:bad ratio would match up to the general population. The guys who disfellowshipped me; yeah they were pretty ignorant, but as much as I wish bad things on them, I also know they did me a great favour.

Honestly, I don't think about elders very much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit