What Do You Worry About?

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Well nigh everything, unfortunately. I am one of those perpetual worry warts...sometimes I can't even pinpoint what exactly I'm worried about, but I'm in a fretful state for whatever reason...

I am hoping age has something to do with it, or at least this phase of my life...wish I could do something other than take anti-anxiety meds but that may be my future...

Anyhow, listening to the nightly news doesn't help. After a recent newscast, I am now worried about bedbugs in hotel rooms! Apparently it's an epidemic...

• fokyc
    fokyc

I worry about my wife, we both know that the elders in her congregation are persistent liars

she insists on continuing to attend all the meetings as she is convinced that Jehovah will eventually sort it all out!

she is in danger all the time from their lying capabilities and I have written proof of their actions.

I think I will pass on before any solution is found.

fokyc

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Right now I am a little worried that if my ride to the airport does not get here soon I could miss my plane!!!

purps

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I worry about my kids. That they will stay happy, healthy and out of trouble. That they will always be aware of what goes on around them and not get peer pressured into doing anything that will cause them to go to jail or kill them That they will make good decisions and one day have children of their own so they know what it's like to worry constantly

nj

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

I worry about money. We're doing pretty good right now, but as it stands we're just a paycheck away from disaster. I'd like to have a lot more money saved than I do now just in case....

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Anything in particular?

Your health? Job? Family? Love life?

Mainly I worry whether I am going home in the morning at the end of my shift or if they are going to make me hold over and work a double. So that would fall under job.

I dont think I worry about my health. But I behave in a way that I think promotes good health. I exercise regularly, and I watch what I eat and record it in a journal. So I can count my calories and try to eat the important foods. I try to eat low fat, with colorful vegetables and fruits. And I drink a lot of water. While I sit here on JWD I drink close to a half a gallon.

When I read the papper, world condintions upset me. But I dont think I worry about them.

At 55, I say I'm ready to live to 90 and I'm also ready to die tonight.

• serendipity
    serendipity

I worry about finding a job I actually like. I worry about my daughter. I worry about my health a little bit, though I don't have any major problems and would like to keep it that way.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I, too, really worry about money. I've got my daughter and grandkids here. Paycheck to paycheck just ain't cutting it.

• oompa
    oompa

i worry for my kids...it took for me 45 years for gas to get to $2.00 a gallon...it took two years to go to $4.00....that just aint fair for them.....travel and yes LIFE will be different for many americans until a widely availble fuel is in in place to replace gas.........get ready friends....life is about to change weird fast............oompa...thank god i know how to sail!

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

jaguar,

At 55, I say I'm ready to live to 90 and I'm also ready to die tonight.

Ditto on all counts, including the age.

One of the advantage of getting older is knowing that you are not here for much longer. It focuses the mind and the priorities. I worry about very little indeed, and as I have made a pact with myself to go out of life on my own terms I know that I have the power to end anything, at any moment.

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit