What Do You Worry About?

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

"I know that I have the power to end anything, at any moment"

You carry a cyanide pill in yer pocket or something HS? I've thought about making a purchase in line with my Second Amendment priveleges, for the same reason - I want to have a say in the matter of when the occasion of my own demise should occur.

• *summer*
    *summer*

Hillary

I know that I have the power to end anything, at any moment.

That is a lot of power!

People I knew also thought they had that much power. But they had to leave unexpectedly. Death beat them at the game.

• hardhearted
    hardhearted

Mostly everything...

my relationships (kids, s.o.)

money

retirement

other people's problems

whirled peas...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That one day, I will be on my way home from work and find the witlesses waiting for me. There will be several strong burly men, and they will physically stuff me into a waiting van and rush me to the Kingdumb Hell, physically stopping me from busting out.

And then I will find myself living with a family that has wanted to host me (they are all pioneers and the father is the lead hounder), and I will find myself being dragged out in field circus all day and to all the boasting sessions. Including the Grand Boasting Session, where I will be used as a prop to bash the world in general and those "filthy, evil Jezebels" (it will all be recorded at Beth Hell on a MP3 file and altered to make it sound realistic). As it is, I would rather go to the dentist for a root canal than go to that Grand Boasting Session.

And I would rather sit in on a jury to put the Washtowel Slaveholdery in its coffin than be used as a prop to make that MP3 recording realistic. I do not believe that those "filthy temptresses" are that filthy after all--it's the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger that I find worthy.

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

Nothing at all. What will be will be.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Worrying is like a rocking chair - it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.

I hardly worry about stuff - now and again I am concerned about my country - but I am not in power therefore must do the best I can.

my job - nope - I enjoy it and if anything happens I'll deal with it then.

health - I'm pretty healthy and again if anything comes along and is "wrong" I'll cross that bridge then.

Love - my life is full of love - I give a lot of love and receive it.

I'm not a worryier - thanks goodness.

• minimus
    minimus

Some old sage advice here!

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

I worry about my heart, aortic stenois a narrowing of the valve, I'll know more about the condition in September with another battery of tests from my cardiologist. I worry about what happens after we die. Do we continue to exist or is it the big sleep? No one knows the real answer to that question. I hope that some kind of conscious existence goes on. Otherwise nothing makes any sense if we all go into the ground and that is that.

All the religions, all the belief systems, all the personal experiences, all the hopes will be for nought if when your dead your dead.

Of course worrying about this goes nowhere, but, I can't get my mind off of it.

My first religion Catholicism taught me that I will go to heaven when I die. 25 years of Catholicism. I don't believe this anymore. My next religion taught me that I will live forever on a paradise earth and will get this hope fulfilled in my lifetime. 32 years as a Jehovah's Witness. I don't believe this anymore. Six years since I started my fade, that makes me 63 years old.

I'm happy for those who have had a personal experience with the Lord and I'm happy for those who have a belief system that gives them hope to go on.

Fo me, I'm stuck in limbo so to speak. I guess I'll know or not know the answer when I die. Until then I'll be happy if I can live to 80 with my wife and see our grandson grow up, he is four years old now.

A prophet once asked God when all seemed lost," OH! GOD! Please Remember Me For Good!" I guess that is all one can hope for.

Blueblades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit