Dinner guest- When you bring wine shouldn't they offer you some?

by Witness 007 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I've gone to many a Witness dinner where I would bring one or two nice wines, hoping we would have some with dinner. {To numb the boring conversations} Only, to find the couple say "thanks" put it in the cabnet....and serve up Lemonade.... What is the custom? When someone brings me a wine for a dinner I open it right away...sample it....then give some to the guests. Isn't this good manners?

And it's not an Alcohol thing....two different Brothers brought out there own "home made" vino instead, which taste like a mixture of fruit punch and vineger! I don't want to know how it was made! Enjoy my real wine Brothers!

• Satanus
    Satanus

W scam bastard friends like that, who needs panhandlers?

S

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I was invited to a cookout once. I brought a 6 pack of some really expensive micro brew. It was put into the fridge and I was served cheap stuff. Another bro brought in some wine and offered everybody in the room some except me! This same dude went to the fridge and helped himself to the micro brew I brought. That was bullsh#t!

• joebin
    joebin

If I bring wine to a dinner it's cause I'm planning on drinking some.. So any attempt to hide the stuff will result in me saying, "ahem, ahem, about those bottles I brought".

• oompa
    oompa

Yeah 007...you just have to speak up and say you were looking forward to sharing that wine with them....TONIGHT!.....they are probably saving it to pass at the memorial....oompa

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

They do the same thing when you bring pot.

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Yep, that's just plain rude.
    I'm a very outspoken person (at times) and I
    would have told them to bring out the wine I brought.

They are probably the kind that would bring out the stems, seeds, and leaves
    and keep the bud for themselves.

HeHeHe

• *summer*
    *summer*

I would say it is only in good taste, and good manners, to serve the wine received as a gift. I know I do.

The way I see it...if guests bring me a bottle of good wine, I want to share with them. And if they bring me a bottle of vinegar, well, I want to share as well

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

When guests bring wine I will open theirs up along with mine. That way they don't feel slighted, and I don't appear cheap by not offering my own.

• dawg
    dawg

1) ask guy if they drink or not?

2) If he says he does, then ask him if he would mind if we drink the wine you brought.

3) if he refuses, call him cheap bastard and leave...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit