Wife Update...

by XJW4EVR 55 Replies latest jw friends

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

For those that remember my wife was attacked and nearly raped back in March. Yesterday, was the preliminary hearing for the "alleged" attacker. My wife had to relive that morning in front of that bastard once again. Needless to say she came through with flying colors, the slowly turning wheels of justice are turning.

When this "alleged" attacker was led in hands shackled to his waste, my wife gripped my hand so firmly that my fingers turned white. The "alleged" attacker is a large male. He looked fairly yoked (probably from daily weight lifting). In seeing this bastard for the first time, I was struck that my 5 foot tall, 100 lb. wife could fight off this 6 ft. tall 200-plus male.

As she began testifying, my own anger began to well up, and I wanted to leap over the low partition that separates the gallery from the lawyers, and defendant, and beat that cowardly bastard's skull into a mash of brain and bone. I guess my anger was becoming visible because the Victim's Advocate staffer, who accompanied my wife to this proceeding tapped me on the arm, and asked if I was OK.

My wife said that once she stepped off the stand, she felt as if a huge burden had been lifted off her shoulders. I am so proud of her. She had second thoughts about testifying so many times over the past few months, but finally went through with it. I knew she was a strong woman, but the amount of strength I saw from her yesterday raised my already high respect for her higher.

• free2think
    free2think

Wow that took an enormous amount of courage for your wife to face him. Good on her.

I hope he gets put away for a very long time.

• megaflower
    megaflower

Well done. Iam happy for you and your wife. I hope the "B" gets a long time behind bars. I hope now your wife's healing process may begin now that she was able to confront her attacker. I hope he becomes someones boy toy behind bars.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I hope he gets bashed in prison......terrible story I hope she will be Okay.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I'd like to tell your wife thank you on behalf of possible future victims.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Oh the gods, I did not know about this.

Your wife is WoNDERFUL to have done this, and I am so happy you both got through it with such strength and determination. I hope that you will be able to rest and heal from this ordeal soon.

Love and strength to you both,
    Baba.

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

Your wife certainly deserves commendation and praise for having the courage to face such a low-life predator....yet a second time.I'm sure it would have been so easy to just want to never see him again, that would be the natural inclination.But now, he got shown who the real boss was and maybe some other other creep out there will think twice before doing something like this.Other victims may very well be inspired by her actions and justice can hopefully prevail because she made him answer for his crimes.I hope will she will be able to put this behind her as much as is possible.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Wow!!! It took a lot of courage & strength for your wife to testify & have to face that jerk again! As well as you having the strength not to whoop his ass!!

I'm glad she got through all of it and hopefully justice will be served!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Here's a thought: Too bad there isn't some way to let this creep's fellow inmates know how little your wife is. I bet he'd get his ass beat more than a few times in prison if everyone knew that a small woman fought him off.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Strength to your wife and to you on such a difficult thing to go through.
    She will have difficulty with the justice wheels, but she will know she did
    the right thing in facing her demon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit