Wife Update...

by XJW4EVR 55 Replies latest jw friends

• caliber
    caliber

Sending you positive energy and courage...

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

We are beginning to wonder if this ordeal will ever end! We were advised late Friday that the trial has been postponed until Tuesday. I understand that the defendant's rights must be protected, but how long will this abuse of the victim's rights continue. My wife has been on edge since being told that the trial is pending. Having to relive the attack over again has put a great deal of stress upon her. The overabundance of protection that criminals have is just wrong.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I am just reading this for the 1st time. I am so sorry for what your wife has gone through
    is going through..How terrible for you both.
    I will keep it in my prayers.

Please keep us updated.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

XJW4EVER

I'll be praying for you and your wife. Having seen this happen to my sister I have some idea what you're going through. Also having worked in the criminal justice system for the last 17 years, stalling is one of the most common defense tactics. So hang in there, and think about the good you're doing keeping this animal off the streets. Don't let anyone intimidate you or your wife. May God give you His peace, throughout the process.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I wish you and your wife the very best!..I hope he gets what he deserves. Hopefully you and your wife will be able to eventually put it all behind you..I know it sounds impossible now but time can really heal.

I feel sad because of all the ones that didn't get caught. The ones that date rape and the woman is to embarrased to turn them in.

I had a girlfriend that went with a guy she didn't know to another bar for a drink in his car..well he didn't take her to a bar, he took her to a remote place and made her have sex with him before he would take her back.... she was too embarrased to report him as she figured they would blame her for getting in the car with him..she was wrong of course but those were the days before DNA was available...it would have been her word against his...she had two small kids and just didn't want to go through all that publicity.

Good for you and your wife for sticking it out!!!!

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

The trial has begun. I have detailed the proceedings here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit