Do Jehovah's Witnesses LOVE their enemies?

by Terry 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dogon2
    dogon2

They love them like the nazi's loved the jew's kind of this is for your own good type of love. LOL

• Quentin
    Quentin

Love?....BAWWWHAAAA!!!!.....only themselves, as other posters have pointed out...step one cenimeter right, or left, your thrown under the bus...if they treat their own in an unloving, spiteful way, how can they love their enimies? What a joke....

• Terry
    Terry

I'm not sure christianity in any form is a proper venue for teaching "love". It dwells (obsesses) over the wretchedness of humanity; the deceit, sinfulness, unworthiness and utter fecklessness of fellow human beings. So, what's left to love?

I've never really gotten anybody to tell me why GOD is said to LOVE THE WORLD so much he.....etc. etc. etc......

JW's are only really different because they make no overt pretense of loving the world.

The Kingdom Hall manufactures wind-up dolls that go through certain motions which includes "love among themselves". It is as hollow as a taxidermist's moosehead.

• Thylacine
    Thylacine

All I remember being taught at the KH was how to hate. I recall very little about love actually being taught. I recall how bros and sisters would talk about how great it would be when god destroys all of the worldly people, and how there would be this huge rejoicing and celebration. So no, they don't teach to love your enemies...only to hate, hate, hate.

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

In the circle of JW’s that I used to know it would be difficult for some of them to claim that they have love amongst themselves, let alone love of an enemy. If this fundamental part of their worship is missing, then it is no surprise that they won’t be loving to anyone outside of the cult……

They mistake the preaching work as an act of love, which, to their belief could be seen as true, but looking deeper into the actions of JW’s it would not be hard to see a huge degree of a lack of love.

What I hated about them was when they blew their own trumpet on how they showed love for people in the ‘world’, like in year books about how they help out during disasters and how the relief organisations praised them. I know of good things done by JW’s but no more than the rest of humanity. But again, this is still not in the category of loving your enemy.

I would like to ask a JW who he thinks his enemy is and then ask how he would show love to them…..(Matthew 5: 43,44)

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

If you consider waiting in eager anticipation of God's Imagedden Yer Azz day love, well I suppose they love that they won't have to then knock on the world's doors, cause everyone except them will be dead. I don't consider that love.

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

I don't think jws love their enemies, they have to act like they do so they can please jehovah and be saved. Actually, i have never met a bigger bunch of judgemental people in my life. How can they love their enemies when they don't love their spiritual bros and sisters?............i had never heard so much bitching, back-biting, judging, condemning and criticizing as i did in the jw congregation. i was on the receiving end of much of it and all because i was slim, single and friendly. so much jealousy drives a lot of jws. Love bombing is the trick they use to make people believe they are god's people but once baptised and still wet behind the ears..............look out. My answer to your question is...............NO!!!!!!!!!!! Cheers, Bliss

• Mightyone
    Mightyone

An enemy is not considered as the same as a worldly person. An enemy is in direct opposition, a deliberate wrong doer, like satan in that they work for a purpose other than Jehovahs. A disfellowshipped person is not hated. For most witnesses, they truely do hope that the disfellowshipped one returns. "Worldly" people are not supposed to be hated.

• carla
    carla

Mightyone said- "An enemy is not considered as the same as a worldly person. An enemy is in direct opposition, a deliberate wrong doer, like satan in that they work for a purpose other than Jehovahs. A disfellowshipped person is not hated. For most witnesses, they truely do hope that the disfellowshipped one returns. "Worldly" people are not supposed to be hated."

Wow, you sound like my jw! What a twist you put on things. All worldly people are in fact working in direct opposition to the wt & jw's because they do not work for jah's org. Disfellowshipped people are hated and treated as such. Take me for example, I am not a jw, never been one. My husband joined up a number of years ago. I have been actively working against the org in my own anti-witness 'work', I deliver anti witness literature, anti witness in conversation when the opportunity arises and generally try to make people aware of the cult and the dangers within. I think most jw's would consider me an 'enemy' and 'hate' me as they are told to do. You can imagine how difficult this must be for my jw. You say 'worldly people are not supposed to be hated', just hoping and waiting for their destruction? Thinking them less of human beings because they are not jw's? that line of thinking is 'loving'? If that is the jw brand of love I will do without, thank you.

You say a disfellowshipped person is not hated? How you can say that with a straight face is beyond me. Have you read any of the df'd stories? Many are df'd for simply thinking, and disagreeing with the org. Have you ever given a diehard jw the silent treatment for even a short time? They can't stand it and say you are mean, turn that around on them and ask them if they think it right to do to someone for a lifetime and they claim they are not sinners like the df'd folks. As a non jw I beleive the entire wt doctrine, org, everything about the jw's is sinful and disgusting.

Which brings me to the 'deliberate wrong doer' thinking jw's have. My jw actually claimed not to be a sinner! At least not a deliberate one. What the hell? If you are a bible believer, we ALL are sinners in thought, word and deed everyday. The indoctrinated arrogance of jw's is truly astounding.

• Switch
    Switch

Do they show love for their friends??? The JW's have love and hate so mixed up that I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. They'll shun a former member because it's the loving thing to do - without even a full understanding of WHY they are shunning. They'll judge and question whether you are good association when you are IN the congregation. (I think they need to figure out how to show love for each other first, before they tackle the rest of the population.)

I can't see how any could claim to love their enemies. Mighty one, if an enemy is someone in direct opposition, then shouldn't JW's be praying for Satan to mend his ways?

JW's are supposed to hate the things in the world (everything material or real or not spiritually upbuilding) and keep separate from the world. I'd say hate is more on their minds, than love.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit