Ever fake ring a bell? Take a long time writing down not at homes?

by yourmomma 38 Replies latest jw experiences

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

My whole life, even when I pioneered, I DREADED field service. I was always uncomfertable rolling up to peoples houses uninvited. So I used to have this technique where I would pretend to ring the bell. Worked all the time. Once in a while a person would open their door and get startled on their way out. But overall it worked great. I also used to take a REEEEEEL long time writing down not at homes, I would make them as detailed as possible. anyone else do stuff like this?

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Don't forget the "looks like you are knocking loudly" but really not knocking at all!!

I'm the master at that!

• asilentone
    asilentone

Shelley, here is for you for not knocking on the doors!

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Ya, I learned that technique from my sons about 20 years ago. They learned from it their older buddies.

LMAO

NMG

• dwtnphotog
    dwtnphotog

Evem as a regular pioneer I learned that. That's why it was much easier to work by myself a lot!

• mind my own
    mind my own

Yes, I have done both. I also walked very slow from house to house in order to take up more time.

MMO

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    Yes, I have done both. I also walked very slow from house to house in order to take up more time.

Funny how the "pioneer shuffle" is a universal technique...

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

when did I not do that

• Quandry
    Quandry

Yes......

One time, I went out in service with a couple that my husband and I were friends with. He parked the car at the end of the stree, and we all started talking. We could see that there was a garage sale going on, and eventually, I don't know which one of us, said "Why don't we just go to the garage sale instead?"

At least that day was good.

• four candles
    four candles

The use of the 'feather duster' knock was useful aswell. I didn't mind 'accidental' witnessing but hated going to peoples houses cold. Glad I don't have to do that again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit