I just might attend this District Convention next Saturday

by Terry 65 Replies latest jw friends

• heathen
    heathen

sounds like fun ,zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz can't wait for the part on , "we are short on the money , so let's dig a little deeper blah blah .............

• boyzone
    boyzone

Don't forget your nuts Terry

That is why it may be wise to consider purchasing nonperishable items, such as nuts, dried fruit, and crackers, or you may choose to bring along baked items, such as bread, rolls, or muffins. 2/95 KM
  • fifi40
    fifi40

I think following on from the sunglasses, you should wear a baseball cap, employ the services of 2 big burly bodyguard type figures and make out you are somebody famous attempting to disguise themselves..................you might as well have some fun whilst your there!

• trevor
    trevor

Terry

It might sound like fun but lurking deep in your memory bank are all the emotions you experience as a JW. Many of them were, at the time, happy and deeply satisfying.

Emotions are not entirely logical and can continue to feel drawn to things that you have valued in the past even though your reasoning mind has thrown them away.

The happiness you felt as a JW has been replaced with anger and outrage. Stirring up conflicting emotions is a dangerous occupation. You have made the break, why unsettle you self by revisiting a past that has also caused you so much pain.

As they say - Let sleeping dogs lie.

Agony Aunt Trevor

• tryingtounderstandjws
  • Witness 007
    Witness 007

You can stroll around the auditorium all day like all the other "non spiritual" Witnesses who really don't want to be there.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Just this past Sunday, there was a full quarter of the audience milling about the hallways and outside of the facility. There were so many brother walking around being wholly ignored with their "please be seated" signs, they could've formed their own conga line.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Here is what to expect (so you will be ready for the puke bucket):

9:30 Kingdumb Malady 215 & Prayer

9:40 Examining God's word [with the Washtowel] Beneficial

9:50 Symposium: Directed by God's Spirit in Field Circus--
    Speaking with Boldness
    Skillfully Wielding the Sword of Spirit
    Spirit Keeps Saying "Come"

10:50 Kingdumb Malady & Announcements

11:00 Receive God's Spirit, Not the World's

11:20 Minding Spirit Means Life [& Stagnation]

11:40 Baptism talk

12:10 Kingdumb Malady 207 & Intermission

13:50 Kingdumb Sxxx

14:00 Kingdumb Malady 46

14:05 Bible Writers Borne Along By "Holy" Spirit

14:25 Puke Alert Symposium--Empowered By "Holy" Spirit
    Fight Temptation
    Cope with Tiredness, Discouragement (get the puke bucket ready for this)
    Withstand Persecution (more puke)
    Resist Peer Pressure [From the World]
    Endure Adversity

This whole symposium is going to be messy. You had better be ready with the puke bucket if you are planning on going to this. It is nothing more than a "You have no excuses for not pioneering. You should be going on no matter how tired or discouraged you may be. If you are persecuted or drive the opposite sex away from you because of the message, you are supposed to continue anyway.

15:25 Sow with a View to the Spirit (waste your life)

15:45 Kingdumb Malady 3 & Announcements

15:55 Do Not Be Grieving God's Spirit. A talk about the importance of obeying the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger no matter what.

16:25 Keep Yourself in God's Love (as if you ever had it in the first place). Instructions about doing everything the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger tells you. New release of the book, which will be another generic rendition of the same story, with new "light" incorporated. A total waste of paper.

16:55 Kingdumb Malady 10 & Prayer. Mad stampede to pick up those wastes of paper books.

I heartily recommend anyone that doesn't have to be there to not go, unless you are taking notes of anything pukeworthy to post on this board or there to cause petty distractions (flying paper airplanes, booing and hissing, denying any resolutions, etc.). You are going to find yourself bored half to death listening to more crap about continuing in field circus even if you are at the point where you should not go on. At least, you are going to miss the bogus made-up (and possibly even pre-recorded) experiences on Friday.

Note: Whatever you do, do NOT put any money in the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund boxes you will find throughout the venue. That money goes to help defend pedophiles. If they have enough left, they might even try and buy out the governments and plunge the whole world into the Second Dark Ages. If you are going to put anything in, you should find those Zero Dollar Bills and/or Void Checks and put those in. After all, if they can tip the waitresses at Starbucks and Tim Horton's with a waste of paper, you should put one of those Zero Dollar Bills and Void Checks in the boxes.

Another note: You are going to find many rules that were not there in the 1960s. Even since 2001, they have gotten stricter. Seating may be assigned by congregation, in the area where they have cleaning assignments. The vending machines will be labelled out of order, when they in fact work just fine (they don't want anyone using them). They have signs to use only one towel (a child size) per handwashing, or only 30-40 cm/12-14" at a time. You will have to pack a lunch. Bringing in beverages in a branded cup or bag is prohibited--that coffee from Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, or McDonald's will have to go into a plain cup. They want you to stay in the building through lunch. You will be expected to wear your embarrassment badge. They might even herd you to eat with a group, and they want you to keep your suit and embarrassment badge on through it.

And they wonder why I just don't go.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I'd rather have my teeth drilled. However, I respect your wish to just see what it feels like. I did that a while back -- deliberately contacted and had lunch with a JW I hadn't seen in about 15 years -- and it was a good reality check about how far I've come and how free I feel.

Actually, I'll be in Ft. Worth on Thursday evening hosting a client party at Joe T. Garcia's -- too bad it's not during the convention because I could probably scandalize a few of my old "friends" with my wicked worldly ways. Or tell the story, in a nice loud voice, of how the Witnesses drove my dad to suicide five years ago. Hmmm, maybe some people will arrive early to the convention city . . .

Nina

• Satanus
    Satanus

'I want to see how these conventions have changed since the last one I attended in 1969!'

There has been so much new light since then, that you should wear some welding goggles to avoid a blinding flash. I would be interested in your reactions.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit