I just might attend this District Convention next Saturday

by Terry 65 Replies latest jw friends

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Rabbit quote: "Sister hands her 3 squares of toilet paper. She asked, "Is that all I can have? "Sister: "Yes, ma'am." Wifey: "But, what if I have to do ...you know...(#2) ? Sister: "I'm sorry, but, this is all we're allowed to give out.""

Holy crap, Mister Rabbit! I remember the paper over the mirrors, but dear gods... THREE SQUARES OF T.P.!!!???? Okay, I kid you not... for a bit there I thought you were reciting a script from the Seinfeld show. Remember? "Can't spare a square?!"

Damn, I can't even blow my nose with just three squares. HA!!!

I have to go shake my head and shudder in disbelief now.

• NotaNess
    NotaNess

If it hasn't been said yet....splash on loads of cologne. Make sure you sit in the middle somewhere.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Terry, I know we've had our minor disagreements, but even I wouldn't wish a day at the assembly on you!

Why would you subject yourself to that kind of torture? Life is too short. Enjoy it.

Cog

• fifi40
    fifi40

I think Terry must be camping out there already to get a good pitch

• Terry
    Terry

I'm certainly having second thoughts!

On the one hand--it WOULD be an experience.

On the other hand---it might make me sick!

I have a very hard time keeping my mouth shut around idiots.

Somebody might say something to me and trigger a behavior in me I don't really know I'm capable of!

I'm scaring myself :)

Then again..................

Quentin said he'd go with me. Moral support. We could always cut out when the going got tough.

The idea of looking at all the young JW's trying to get somebody to sit with (that's what WE did way back when) should be nostalgic.

Meeting a nice JW lady would be a nightmare.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Now I'm picturing Terry and Quentin as "corridor cruisers" walking around together, trying to pick up JW chicks!

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

You must be joking, I'd rather spend a day at a lake somewhere and take in some scenery, than sit through 3 or 4 hours of bullshit all polished up and gleaming.

Unless of course your into torturing your soul and intellect.......Terry your sick, you need help

• Rabbit
    Rabbit
    Meeting a nice JW lady would be a nightmare.

*I* know a now single 'nice JW lady' that will be there... LOL ! And it would still be a nightmare.

(Shhhhh...private joke for Terry & Quentin)

• Terry
    Terry

I think the only lure worth going to the DC for is the chance of finding some of my dearest friends I lost touch with.

Namely: Harry Robinson Jr., Marshall Day and my buddy from prison Anthony Johnson.

I'm naive enough to think the depth of our previous friendship would over-ride their programming to turn and run away screaming!

I guess I have a lot to learn, eh?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard
    I think the only lure worth going to the DC for is the chance of finding some of my dearest friends I lost touch with.

And guess what! They have been programmed to shun anyone that they think is apostate. There is a very good chance that they are going to shun you (or at least restrict association with you) even if you are only inactive and faded. And, if the hounders catch up with you, there is a risk that they are going to spread slander and hurtful gossip intended to make them think you are disfellowshipped.

Besides, you are almost certain to run into Brother Hounder. Once that happens (and if you are not disfellowshipped), they are going to go all out to get you back to the boasting sessions. They will not leave you alone until you are back to the Kingdumb Hell, and commit to returning to regular field circus and obeying the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger. And then they will hound you to climb the ladder to pioneer and take responsibilities.

Still not worth going.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit