Looking Back, Was Being A Witness A Worthless Experience To You?

by minimus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• Casper
    Casper

I already had the qualities they were looking for when I joined and still have them after leaving...

So the only thing good that came out of it for me, was that I met and married my second husband,

and had my second daughter.

Cas

• JeffT
    JeffT

1) I quit smoking

2) I met my wife

3) I left. Actually that is a positive, examiming deeply held beliefs and rethinking them was an experience in growing up. I've found that it carries over into other life matters (politics, changing jobs, quitting drinking). I'm fairly (but never completely - never again) sure that my current course, if not correct, as been arrived at with due consideration for all factors.

• snowbird
    snowbird

When I came of age (1971), the Sexual Revolution was just getting to our neck of the woods.

Becoming involved with the JW's kept me from being caught up in the mindless sex and its consequences that consumed so many of my acquaintances.

Sylvia

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Do you remember "Stumbling Stones to stepping stones"?

Lifes hard experiences can benefit you. Being a JW taught me a lot. Looking Back, Was Being A Witness A Worthless Experience To You? SO NO -actually very worthwhile

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb
    It kept me out of prison for killing my parents.

What blondie said!!

Although I'm still fighting that urge.......stilll!

• yknot
    yknot

No....... Being it has been all I have ever known.

Oddly enough it was elders in my first KH that encouraged me to think, question, resist sheeple mentality, be bold & stand firm....ever ready to meet the challenges of Armageddon. Not to take away from my parents but they raised me by 'expectation', I never feared punishment but their disappointment. It was the Elders who ran and those whose rotated (bro/sis sharing their life stories, opinions, JW history and kindness) my kiddie TMS that spent the time to tell me why, how , and why again when I unloaded a barrage of questions, clarification, and challenges. Never once was I treated as a second class WTS citizen, an annoyance, or burden.......They taught me how to speak to anyone about anything. They taught me to be self confident. I was told it was okay not to agree with the WTS, that loyalty to God above all was the utmost importance. They actually taught me about Jesus. I was taught about the JW hiearchy and how to climb it's ladder. I experienced that JW illusion known as 'spiritual paradise'.......I am grateful for the willingness to share knowledge not due to some outline but because of love.

The WTS 1980 to present however has totally sucked!......It was if all I learned in the latter 70's came to be tested

I am here and completely faded...so I guess that means I have passed !

• minimus
    minimus

It must be a "blonde" thing, huh?

• Layla33
    Layla33

It was pretty worthless, I think I could have done better if my parents were hippies...

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

Was there anything positive about being a Jehovah's Witness? I'm a good speaker, no matter how big the auditorium is :) . I developed a love for reading. I mentioned the following in past threads: I try to focus in the few positive aspects of being a JW, and how that can help me to improve myself. I like to help people too, and that is something that I really enjoy. I make "wordly" friends very easily, and I've known very very good people outside the organization.
    As JW, we are not afraid of "cold calling" on people. Think about this: If we are capable of "selling" a Watchtower magazine to a person that we don't know, and that's not really interested in it, we can be the best salesman/saleswoman in the world! Check other comments here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/145667/1.ashx Have a great day! TTRP

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I got to experience a miracle - - Getting out !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit