Looking Back, Was Being A Witness A Worthless Experience To You?

by minimus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

WORTHLESS!

The WT didn't make me a good speaker. I made myself a great public speaker.

The WT didn't keep me out of trouble, didn't make me feel good about myself, and kept me scared for umpteen years.

nuff said

sooner

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

to say that would be to admit I have lead a worthless life. "We are what we eat" -to twist a phrase. I would not be what I am today without the past.

Hill

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

That is definitely true in my case.

• Anator
    Anator

Not totally. I found out that the society or organization or whatever they want to call themselves, will not be there for you when you are in dire straits. Therefore, despite advice, I went back to get my degree taking night courses. Got a great job, good pay, felt better, did better. Could afford things, better suits for the meeting, nicer vehicle for service. When the elders noticed how better I was doing they wanted me to reach out. I thought to myself, ain't that a kick in the head. The majority of elders did have good jobs and pay where I lived. I thought this was a

pre-requisite then to become one, but thought better of it. But that's a whole different story

• Sasha
    Sasha

It encouraged me to read the Bible and become quite astute with it.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Not worthless, more like costly. But so could a lot of other things have been. Positive? Well, what didn't kill me ...

• garybuss
    garybuss
    Was there anything positive about being a Jehovah's Witness?

No!

• Gregor
    Gregor

I have to agree with what Hillbilly said and I don't think it's healthy to spend too much time agonizing over what could have been. I'm glad I didn't sacrifice a child on the Watchtower Altar. That would, rightly, make me bitter.

"to say that would be to admit I have lead a worthless life. "We are what we eat" -to twist a phrase. I would not be what I am today without the past."

Hill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit