DIASSOCIATED NO WHERE TO GO LOST AND BROKEN

by DonaLeigh 46 Replies latest social family

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Welcome to JWD Dona!

• jesussaves
    jesussaves

Dona,

I've been exactly where you are now, and you're in a great place. I can only echo what everyone has already said. Your daughter will come around. My grandmother, mother, sister and brothers all came around. One aunt (special pioneer) who had vowed never to talk to me again called me a few months ago and we talked for three hours. The people who were really friends of mine are STILL friends, even though I faded nearly ten years ago. You WILL survive this, and you won't be lost or broken forever.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

WELCOME!!! It will get better. I was DA'd at the age of 15 in the early 80's.
    Take care, don't despair!

Shelly

• JWalker
    JWalker

Dear DL, You asked out of sadness : "How will I find a Home for spiritual growth ?" Maybe you never left that "Home", where your Living Father takes care of you, as ever... Matthew 6/6-8 Johnnie

• Open mind
    Open mind

I've never been, but if/when I ever get the boot from the JWs I'll probably at least pay a visit to the Unitarian-Universalists.

Oh, and, WELCOME!!

open mind

• mind my own
    mind my own

Hello and please accept a very warm welcome to the board! This site will be of comfort to you as you will meet many who are going through, or have gone through the same thing as you.

We are all in this together!!

MMO

• Quandry
    Quandry

It's so hard not to get into the long heartbreaking story of where I was and how it all happened

When you feel ready, we are ready to listen. Until then, welcome.

We feel for you.....

• Core88
    Core88

Welcome. Thank God your free!

• song19
    song19

Welcome to the boards. Sorry to hear of your pain. I too am new here and have found a lot of support here. Although we are just faders, we have told my mother a lot of the stuff we learned and after she accepted it, she went into super denial mode and now lightly shuns me. That has been the hardest part. Reading your post, I feel your pain... take one day at a time... it will get better.

A letter was posted not to long ago written by a former elder to his mother who is shunning him. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/7/159928/1.ashx I plan on giving it to my folks to read.

hugs to you... you're not alone... keep talking, keep posting… we are all here to help you through this

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, Donna. I think you will get your daughter back. Children grow up and change a lot between nineteen and thirty. Give her time.

Meanwhile, boy oh boy. You've lost your social safety net. It's time to build a new one. What are your hobbies and interests?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit