I found this site vey useful and have made friends

Regards David

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Welcome to JWD Rusty!

Keep talking...We're listening.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Hello and welcome. You'll find a wealth of information here on your concerns. Hope you'll stick around.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I do not attend a Church but go in to Many!!!To give my testimony....Tell them Why they should NOT swallow the WT "truth"

Its good to give the congregations in every religion some pointers on what to say when the JW comes to your door>

• four candles
    four candles

Hi Rusty,

You will find people here from all over the world,all in some way disillusioned with the 'Borg' as its called on here. Enjoy your time,talk and let it out,its very theraputic!

Wher in the world are you?

• CandleLight
    CandleLight

Rusty,

It was nice to see you post. My heart feels for you, especially when you said this:

Tonight I feel real confused. I was searching the internet to try to find some evidence that Jesus existed and that all religion is not just some great hoax

I think you discovered something about Jesus without even realizing it. He was not in the JW religion. The elders, as the sister who abused her children did not display his qualities either. You were wise in seperating yourself from their lies and deciet. The fact that you have not or cannot find another religion to associate with is understandable.

Jesus does not exist in a Man-made "temple" or organization. There is not an organization he has set up to represent him. He explained this to his diciples and those who asked, for example the women at the well..

Joh 4:20

Our fathers worshiped in this mountain, and you say that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship. 4:21 Jesus said to her, Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you shall neither worship the Father in this mountain nor yet at Jerusalem. :22 You worship what you do not know, we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews. 4:23 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father seeks such to worship Him. 4:24 God is a spirit, and they who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth

She was asking Jesus in effect, I am not a jew(I do not belong to your religion) You say go here to worship, We worship here(at this temple, in this way). You are the messiah, and are here to reveal God to me, where should I go to worship him?

Is not Jesus answer astounding? He said it is not a place to go to worship, but a state, that being with spirit and Truth. Both spirit and truth is given to us by means of Jesus. He requested his father send us his Spirit, and Jesus is our Truth. So Jesus was explaining to the Women, I am your way to serve God. He further repeats this truth in John:

Joh 14:6

Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the Life; no one comes to the Father but by Me.

"The WAY" as Jesus says was not a religious group, an annointed body of men, or a building that claims to represent him, but the way IS JESUS.

So my friend, maybe your distaste for religion, for lies and impurity, is in itself an answer to your question about finding Jesus. Sounds like he has been with you for awhile, even if you have not realized it.

With his Love

CL

• Dagney
    Dagney

Hi rust!

Thank you for sharing your story and welcome to JWD!

We look forward to your comments.

• Casper
    Casper

To JWD....

Hope you enjoy your experience here and decide to stay...

Thanks for sharing.

Cas

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Hi rustonmyhalo, welcome to the Real World!

• changeling
    changeling

Welcome!

changeling :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit