Would 1 million dollars help you and how?

by Junction-Guy 62 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

One million in this day and age will keep you comfortable but not rich!

Yes, I would love a million, to pay off our house and credit cards, and keep gas tanks full!

Just received my power bill.....air kept at 77, no lights during the day, no fans, and all energy star appliances and a new Trane air conditioning system.........take a guess for a 1700 square foot house in Florida from the middle of May to the middle of June....2 people here, one gone most of the day.

...................................$346.00..........................

One Million doesn't make you rich these days, just a little more comfortable paying bills.

I only paid 140 for 3100 (2600 under air) S.F., I live in SW Florida, the hottest part of the state (except the Keys).

Insulation?

BTS

• Simon
    Simon

Most people who come into money don't suddenly change their taste, they just buy more / bigger / better of what they currently do.

I'd probably use it to jump-start a software development business. Just think of all those shiny servers I could buy, LOL

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    --and I would hire Decki to take a picture of me that made me look pretty. I have NEVER had a photo I liked. But I'd like to have a portrait done by her-even if just for me to see:) I may finally make an avatar though:)

Now your funny! You know it won't take a million to hire me..first off and second, you are probably beautiful already by your own rights. Silly!

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Wanted to add I would like to take a pic of sweetstuff pasting money all over and do a drive by her ex's house. That would be a funny picture.

GO TOWANDA!!

• calico
    calico

Well, I've been thinking about this for a few days----

1. Pay off all debts

2. Give some to husband and then tell him to get lost

3. Help my Mom to get out of her situation

4. Purchase fuel efficient vehicle

• sweetstuff
    sweetstuff

Wanted to add I would like to take a pic of sweetstuff pasting money all over and do a drive by her ex's house. That would be a funny picture.

GO TOWANDA!!

LOL, I promise you will be the only one to snap the pic! Should that day ever come.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    LOL, I promise you will be the only one to snap the pic! Should that day ever come.

COOL! Now hurry up and win already! We have some drinks to make... Is it noon yet?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I'd spend it on crack cocaine. OMG, have you guys tried this stuff? Jesus Christ it's wonderful! All I ever heard were bad things about it, none of the good. Have you all been holding out on me? Is this like some secret club thing? Well I'm in the club now, baby.

Off to buy my first lotto ticket.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly
    600K is still a fortune, especially for those living outside of California.

With 600K I could have bought a decent house in Kentucky when we got married, and never ever left Kentucky.

I won't sneeze at 600K

In some KY counties buying that "decent" house would leave you about $590 K... thats enough to hire someone to pick up the trail of beer cans to the place and re-gravel the drive way.

Hill

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I dunno... my wife and I watch those shows on TV - where the contestants have the opportunity to win a million dollars. It's funny how they get offers for $125,000 and get greedy all of a sudden - and hold out for the $1,000,000 (NO Deal!!!)

I told her that I'd be content with over $100,000. Once it gets to 6 figures - it gets interesting, for me.

So - if I had $100,000 - I'd give the government their cut - then use the rest to help pay off all of my debt - and whatever was left - I'd use to help build my new home.

I may not get far... but it'd help - a lot.

Regards,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit