Would 1 million dollars help you and how?

by Junction-Guy 62 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Of course when someone gives you a million or five million in my case, you invest it and try to live off some of the earnings. I'd have to have some of the things I mentioned though. It's not fun being worried all the time.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

One million dollars...

Pardon me, <Dr.Evil>"One miiiiiillllyun dollars!"</Dr.Evil> invested or even put into savings at a rate even as low as 3% will yield at least $30,000/year -- more than our expenses NOW.

So I could stop worrying about work, dammit.

gently feral

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thanks Flyin, if I had a million dollars, I would definitely help you in some way.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    nvrgnbk, I had more women flirt with me in Texas, than just about anywhere I have ever been.

I hear in Texas, the women have no teeth.

That's probably good for some things.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

That's sweet, Junction. I'd help you get out there to see Amanda and help your mom.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Nah, they have more teeth than here in Tennessee.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Would 1 million dollars help you and how?

Quit my job, invest, and start a couple of businesses.

I'd try to turn it into 50 million.

1 million is chump change these days, it is not as much as you think. It takes a net worth of about 5 to be "set for life" (barring stupid decisions).

BTS

• Aphrodite
    Aphrodite

Fast track my current slowly growing business.

Buy a home.

Buy a nice car.

Invest in some real estate.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Right now, I'd settle for 600.00. Just to get bills caught up for me and the grandkids. And my daughter.

It's sad when you have to pick and choose what bill to pay. Hell, I'll prob be loosing the phone and internet in a week or two.

*sigh*

• junctions-wife
    junctions-wife

actually I would be happy with 200 grand right now, that would pay off my bills and my parents. Buy my Grandmother's house for my parents. I would keep on working, because I love my job. I know I am not normal, but oh well life goes on! Amanda

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit