Did you help clean the Kingdom Hall, yard work, maintenance?

by Thechickennest 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

At one Hall I attended for serveral years had a lawn covering large man-made burms with trees and bushes. It was a difficult yard to mow and maintain. I have often wondered why we all pitched in and worked so hard for nothing.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Yes, I did clean the Kingdom Hall more than few times, I did remove some trees before they build new KH years ago, ah the memories!

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

all that and built a few too. the only plus thing I could say all that free overtime let me pick up some experience that made my apprenticship easier/

Hill

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

No, I didnt help.

My wife and I basically did it when it was my BS turn.

god I wish I hadnt been so low pressure.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

All of the above.

Worked on dozens of Halls too, builds and remodels, in several states and countries.

Worked on the Big House too.

Thousands and thousands of dollars in free labor.

I was a true believer.

• CandleLight
    CandleLight

Yeah sure did, I was in charge of the flowers and shrubs. I liked gardening, was willing to help, and thought I was bringing Glory to God by how pretty the flowers looked for Memorial.

I have to say though, I was usually stuck doing it alone, as no one else volunteered to help, even after I had a bad case of Arthritis. But I did get a KH key! haha I bet they change the lock after they label my husband and I as apostates!

CL

• primitivegenius
    primitivegenius

oh how many tons of rock and gravel did i haul into the parking lot, how many hours did i vacum that carpet, clean it....... strip and wax the tile.......... to damn many. i still got my kh key....... should take a picture of it and post it in a new thread lol.

• yknot
    yknot

lol.....all my life right up until the 3rd weekend last May.

• blondie
    blondie

While I was going I figured that I might as well do some of the upkeep. I never had to clean very often since it was only by book study assignment. We would clean and go out for pizza afterwards (Friday night). We had a fairly large number show up and it never took very long.

Blondie

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

We cleaned ours on Sat. afternoons. When it was our bookstudy, and our family was assigned, it was usually my stepdad, me, and my sisters!! Guess who got stuck with those nasty bathrooms, and vacuuming? Yeppers-ME!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit