Do you believe in the Deity of Christ?

by UnDisfellowshipped 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wiser
    wiser

Yes I believe!!

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Only a brain washed cultist could deny it. He would also deny that 2+2=4 if his cult leaders told him to.

I believe the brain washed cultists in this case are teaching 1+1+1=1.

Think About It

• yknot
    yknot

I appreciate your effort Stephen, however those are based your interpretation of scripture……

Which is why you suggest starting with ‘Jesus being God not ‘a god’, divine or anything else.

Why must I start with any predisposition, why isn’t it just plainly stated in order to be ‘saved’ you must believe in trinity

I don't honestly know what you see in those scriptures.

I see one God, Jehovah (Isa 43:10)

I see Jesus saying he is the promised seed. (John 8:24)

I see the restating Jesus as the Messiah, accepting him means accepting his father who sent him(John 13:19,20)

I prefer Matt 24:5 to Luke 21:8 as it is more relevant to JWs.....MT 24:5- """"for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, "I am the Christ (Anointed)' and will mislead many"""

Since you are so fond of the NIV I leave you with this parting scripture: (John 17:1-5)

Jesus Prays for Himself

1 After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed: "Father, the time has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2 For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3 Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. 4 I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do. 5 And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I believe in Jesus, I believe he is God.

Thats my own salvation that I have worked out.

You cant have it or take it away from me.

Jesus, God and the bible work for me.

I work a stressful job, probably many do. I get through my day reading and reflecting on scriptures to maintain my sanity.

Psalms is my starting point but there are good verses through out.

If I'm wrong, so be it. I believe in Jesus.

How about the people that dont believe? They dont tell you what kind of medications, anti depressants they take, They dont tell

you how much alcohol they consume to cope. From the doctors and medical people I have talked to everybody takes something to cope.

I'll have some Jesus.

Jesus is a great coping mechanism and if He's true there is a great pay off.

If He is not true, I was dead before I got here, I can do dead again.

I didnt haven any problems when I was dead, before I remember existing, it was kind of like nirvana.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello yknot,

The point is that God in the OT say there is one God only and "I am he".

In John, Jesus is talking about the Father and then uses the same phrase "I am he", mentioning that this belief is necessary for salvation.

Here's another scripture to compliment John 17.

1 John 5:20 (English Standard Version)

20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true; and we are in him who is true, in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life.

Blessings,

Stephen

• ZeusRocks
    ZeusRocks

Not in the slightest. Heard enough bullcrap as a JW.

I don't drink, I don't take medication, I don't do drugs, I live my life based on reality, not the myths and stories of ancient middle eastern tribesmen.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Jaguar, that was beautifully said.

I've always loved Jesus of Nazareth.

Always.

Syl

• agonus
    agonus

Jag,

Appreciate your insight, but I've taken massive amounts of anti-depressants, alcohol, etc. to cope, and I'm a believer. Matter of fact, it's believing that's the hardest thing for me. Because if you believe, then you have to scramble to find a reason the Almighty has allowed such horrible shit to go on for so damned long. And I haven't found mine yet. It would actually be easier for someone like me to NOT believe, but because of my experiences, my mind won't let me.

I just hope someday that I can make some sense outta this mess... for the sake of the people I still care about.

• agonus
    agonus

BTW for the record I believe in the "deity" of everything - because nothing can exist without the deity.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Big Hug to Jaguar, Agonus, Snowbird, and all my other brothers and sisters in Christ that I have just met here!

Wherever two or three gather together in His Name...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit