Do you believe in the Deity of Christ?

by UnDisfellowshipped 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• yknot
    yknot

adding on.....

JWs and other Arians affirm Jesus is divine.

Gary, you didn't come on strong.......you expressed your own affirmation of belief!

If you should ever 'wake up' your wife, disavowing the three will be the last things she will hold tightly too.....yes some cross over to your camp, but many remain steadfast in those for the rest of their lives.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    If you should ever 'wake up' your wife, disavowing the three will be the last things she will hold tightly too.....yes some cross over to your camp, but many remain steadfast in those for the rest of their lives.

Well, I've come to the conclusion that there are a lot of things my wife will not give up in regards to her view about God and His requirements simply because she has had those things instilled in her since childhood. It is very true that the things we learn in childhood tend to stick with us which is why I try to be more understanding about the way she reacts to simple things like birthdays and holidays. Believing that you will lose your everlasting life because you threw a birthday party has to be a hard thing to cope with.

Personally, I would just be satisfied if my wife read Raymond Franz's book In Search Of Christian Freedom so that she would at least learn that she does not have to make herself a slave to the book publishing company. Even if she chooses to continue attending the meetings.

Oh, and I must inform you that my wife and I actually had a little joint Bible reading session. I know deep down inside she is questioning things, even questioning the existence of God Himself and the validity of the Bible. I'm feel like sometimes my wife feels like it is simply a choice between being a witness or being an atheist, as if there is no other option.

• yknot
    yknot
    I'm feel like sometimes my wife feels like it is simply a choice between being a witness or being an atheist, as if there is no other option

I have little freak out moments like that still too......(especially when venturing into trinty, hellfire, immoratality of soul).

The demands of spiritual/scriptural purity also comes into play (yes I know the WTS is totally unclean, but the product/image they sell is pure worship)

I am just now reading ISoF......very very very slowly.... I know it is silly but the book scares me as to what each chapter will reveal..

• Chalam
    Chalam

UnDisfellowshipped It is belief in the Deity of Christ that is a salvation issue, because if a person does not come to the actual Jesus who died for them, but instead comes to a "false christ" then you're in trouble.

I quite agree.

So here's some questions

1. Do you believe Jesus is God or "a god"? John 1:1, Revelation 1:8, Revelation 2:8, Revelation 22:13

2. Do you believe Jesus is Creator or created? Colossians 1:15-17, Revelation 4:11, Ephesians 3:9

3. Do you believe that Jesus was equal to God (the Father) and chose to humble Himself and come as a servant to seek and save mankind? Philippians 2:5-7, John 5:18, John 1:1

4. Do you believe Jesus was, is, or will be an angel such as the Mormon belief that Jesus is the brother of Lucifer or the JW belief that Jesus is the archangel Michael? Hebrews 1

5. Do you believe that if you have seen Jesus you have seen the Father, if you know Jesus you know the Father? John 14

6. Do you believe that Jesus is Lord or only "Jehovah" is? Romans 10:9-13, Acts 2:21

7. Do you believe that the name to call on to be saved is Jesus, not "Jehovah"? Joel 2:32, Acts 2:21-22, Acts 4:10-12, 1 Peter 2

8. Do you believe that Jesus is the name everyone will bow to, not "Jehovah"? Philippians 2:10, Isaiah 45:23, Romans 14:9-11

9. Do you believe that partaking of the symbolic blood and wine of the new covenant is paramount or superfluous? John 6:53

10. Do you believe that Christ is the Mediator for all Christians? Hebrews 9:15, Hebrews 12:24

All those who major on the old testament answers to these questions do not regard the new covenant but the old Jeremiah 31:31, Luke 22:20

Hebrews 8:13 (New International Version)

13 By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and aging will soon disappear.

Anyhow, there are many more important questions for like this.

Who's name should we be baptised in? Matthew 28:19

Is Christ's resurrection body physical? Luke 24:39

Is there one faith, one hope or more? Ephesians 4:4

Blessings,

Stephen

• designs
    designs

Stephen's god, like Allah, is said to torture and burn.

Lovely gods fellas.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    Stephen's god, like Allah, is said to torture and burn.

Just more Jw speak.

Pioneering again this morning I see.

• designs
    designs

Public Service announcement warning warning Cults are here to recruit us

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    Public Service announcement warning warning Cults are here to recruit us

Just don't forget to keep track of your time on your time sheet. The WT will be proud of you.

• designs
    designs

Greasing that road to the place worse than Hell I see.

You know we might be friends if you didn't have such shitty Beliefs and promote the concept of a god who is a monster and an ass-hole....Not

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    Greasing that road to the place worse than Hell I see.

Your doing that all on your own.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit