Do you believe in the Deity of Christ?

by UnDisfellowshipped 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• yknot
    yknot

oy.....

Witnesses believe that Christ is 'divine' but that he isn't a triune god......

really can you show me in the bible where it says that salvation hinges on accepting, professing and believing in trinity that isn't solely based on a person's perception and interpretation of scripture.

(shakes head, smiles at knowing it is far easier to convert a trinitarian to our belief versus the other way around;-)

• Heaven
    Heaven

I really love the Mr. Deity series... here's what they have on this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mII6-IyaT3o&feature=channel

• snowbird
    snowbird

I believe He is Deity.

Syl

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

We believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ,

the only Son of God,
    eternally begotten of the Father,
    God from God, Light from Light,
    true God from true God,
    begotten, not made,
    of one Being with the Father;
    through him all things were made.
    For us and for our salvation
    he came down from heaven,
    was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and the Virgin Mary
    and became truly human.
    For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate;
    he suffered death and was buried.
    On the third day he rose again
    in accordance with the Scriptures;
    he ascended into heaven
    and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
    He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead,
    and his kingdom will have no end.

BTS

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

The audio presentation below is given with a JW audience in mind. IMHO, it's impossible to have a meaningful discussion about the Trinity unless one understands what the doctrine is. One need not believe it or subscribe to it to understand (1) what it is and (2) why most of Christianity does.

(RealPlayer of Media Player Classic will be needed to listen to these .ram files.)

http://www.waltermartin.com/audio_clips/trinity.ram (Part I)

http://www.waltermartin.com/audio_clips/trinity2.ram (Part II)

• snowbird
    snowbird
    it's impossible to have a meaningful discussion about the Trinity unless one understands what the doctrine is. One need not believe it or subscribe to it to understand (1) what it is and (2) why most of Christianity does.

Amen.

Syl

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Good grief......another attempt to convert people to the Trinity cult.

Think About It

I don't think so as scripture does say that Jesus is God and the Holy Ghost is God and the Father is God so there is no denying scripture when you embrace the Trinity. To deny the Trinity is to deny scripture. I'm sure Designs will chime in how bishops changed the scriptures, but the scriptures say what they say and it would be cult-esh to deny the divinity if Jesus or the Holy Ghost. Jesus claimed to be God when he said 'I AM'. That's why the Jews with him wanted to stone him. Only a brain washed cultist could deny it. He would also deny that 2+2=4 if his cult leaders told him to.

dc

• snowbird
    snowbird
    To deny the Trinity is to deny scripture.

I respectfully disagree.

The Holy Spirit never referred to itself as I AM.

Syl

• Chalam
    Chalam

yknot

Witnesses believe that Christ is 'divine' but that he isn't a triune god......

really can you show me in the bible where it says that salvation hinges on accepting, professing and believing in trinity that isn't solely based on a person's perception and interpretation of scripture.

OK, let's start with Jesus being God, not "a god", "divine" or anything else.

Isaiah 43:10 (New International Version)

10 "You are my witnesses," declares the LORD,
    "and my servant whom I have chosen,
    so that you may know and believe me
    and understand that I am he.
    Before me no god was formed,
    nor will there be one after me.

John 8:19-24 (New International Version)

19 Then they asked him, "Where is your father?"

"You do not know me or my Father," Jesus replied. "If you knew me, you would know my Father also." 20 He spoke these words while teaching in the temple area near the place where the offerings were put. Yet no one seized him, because his time had not yet come.

21 Once more Jesus said to them, "I am going away, and you will look for me, and you will die in your sin. Where I go, you cannot come."

22 This made the Jews ask, "Will he kill himself? Is that why he says, 'Where I go, you cannot come'?"

23 But he continued, "You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, [ a ] you will indeed die in your sins."

Footnotes:
    1. John 8:24 Or I am he; also in verse 28

John 13:19-20 (New International Version)

19 "I am telling you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe that I am He. 20 I tell you the truth, whoever accepts anyone I send accepts me; and whoever accepts me accepts the one who sent me."

Heed the Lord's own warning on the matter.

Luke 21:8 (New International Version)

8 He replied: "Watch out that you are not deceived. For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am he,' and, 'The time is near.' Do not follow them.

Blessings,

Stephen

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Snow.

The Holy Spirit speaks. Teaches. Counsels. Comforts.

These are things that a person does.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit