Intimacy vs Warm Camaraderie

by SixofNine 57 Replies latest jw friends

• Gregor
    Gregor

It seems we finally have an insight into what it takes to touch sixofnine (aka 8:54). I know it is painful, but please re-read this statement of BrackO's he was so impressed with -

“I am proud to join with our lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered brothers and sisters in celebrating the accomplishments, the lives, and the families of all LGBT people during this Pride season. Too often, the issue of LGBT rights is exploited by those seeking to divide us. But at its core, this issue is about who we are as Americans.”

“It’s time to live up to our founding promise of equality by treating all our citizens with dignity and respect. Let’s enact federal civil rights legislation to outlaw hate crimes and protect workers against discrimination based upon sexual orientation and gender identity or expression. Let’s repeal Don't Ask, Don't Tell and demonstrate that the most effective and professional military in the world is open to all Americans who are ready and willing to serve our country. Let’s treat the relationships and the families of LGBT Americans with full equality under the law.”

“We are ready to accomplish these goals because of the courage and persistence of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered people who are working every day to achieve equal rights. The gay couple who demand equal treatment in our family laws as they raise their children; the lesbian soldier who wants nothing more than to serve her country openly and honestly; the transgendered workers who asks for the simple dignity of being judged by the quality of their work. Generations of LGBT Americans, at once ordinary and extraordinary, have made possible this moment in our history. With leadership and hard work, we can fulfill the promise of equality for all.”

I have no problem with the LGBTs goals. But this is the kind of trivia that 6-0-9 has gone gaga over and sounds downright positive that this political lightweight known as Obama will be the greatest President in history.
  • SixofNine
    SixofNine

Somebody bailed my lazy critic out so he/she didn't have to put forth the effort. I doubt it took all that much effort. Still, it says a lot more about my critic than anything else.

You're not fooling anyone Forscher. It was obvious that your comment was bullshit, and stupid bullshit to boot. But that is neither here nor there, because it's not my responsibility to research your idiotic claims. Especially in a thread I started which has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Obama's heritage.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Again, I've read many similar statements from various politicians over the years.

I guess that depends on what you call similar. I think you're wrong both on specifics and tenor. You haven't heard anything like it from a leading Republican for literally decades. And yes, I realize that is Barry Goldwater you quoted (the outstandingly different conservative guy from the average modern conservative movement is not the guy to be using to make the point you wanted to make, imo). He didn't get far with that.

• frozen one
    frozen one

So now you are telling me who I can reference when making a point, you arrogant prick? Goldwater was so far to the right his party rejected him for the most part and now his party has very, very few conservatives in it period. My point was that that equal treatment for gay people is not exclusive to liberals.

Face it sixy, obama has no new ideas and no new plans. All obama is the latest spokesmodel for the democrat party. His platform is just a rehash of decades old liberal positions. And to restate, there is nothing wrong with that.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

My point was that that equal treatment for gay people is not exclusive to liberals.

And my point is that you can't use Barry Goldwater to make that point*. In America, calls for equal treatment for gay people is, for all practical purposes, exclusive to, if not just "liberals", the Democratic side of the isle.

*of course you can use anyone you want to to try to make your argument, but only a thin skinned arrogant prick would claim that no one should counter your argument.

• Gregor
    Gregor

OK, let's see what we,'ve got so far on this thread called, ironically, "Intimacy vs Warm Camaraderie"

Wanker!....Stupid shit!.......idiot......ignorant, stupid ass!......your comment was stupid bullshit....idiotic....you arrogant prick!.....thin skinned arrogant prick!...

Heartwarming intimacy and camaraderie indeed. ROFLMAO

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

:pats Gregors fuzzy li'l cynical head:

• frozen one
    frozen one

Six,

You wrote regarding obama's statement regarding gays:

which both proposes substantial change/s, and is in itself change from the way politicians have spoken to the American people.

You suggested that obama's words were some sort of new revelation and I merely pointed out that obama's statement was nothing new. Your insistence that obama is a breath of fresh air on this topic is a real slap in the face to the countless politicians and activists who were working the issue years and years ago when obama was navigating the sewers of the Illinois political system on his way to becoming the newest spokesmodel for the Democrat party.

By the way, that quote from Goldwater was his response to Clinton's "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy. I'm sure if Goldwater were still alive, he'd have all sorts of things to say about gays, war, oil, as well as John McCain and the current state of the Republican party which is in tatters. Maybe I should have quoted Schwarzenegger.

While I do agree that gay issues dominate the left side of the aisle, I must point out that the main reason for it is that gay issues are great for left wing fundraisers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit