Intimacy vs Warm Camaraderie

by SixofNine 57 Replies latest jw friends

• sammielee24
    sammielee24
    Excuse me if I've missed the point completely but and Im no big fan of Obama but, isnt that his wife? Wouldnt you expect that kind of intimacy with his wife whether she was black, white, or osage

Yes, that's his wife. I saw them do that when he came out to give his nomination speech on Tuesday night - nothing wrong with either picture. Intimate with wife...comraderie with voter. sammieswife.

• snowbird
    snowbird

"Call me Condi again and it's the porch for you, Big Ears!"

(put your pitchforks away... I'm funnin ya'all)

Hill

Hill,

I'm going to ASSume Mouthy's authority and say, "GO TO YOUR ROOM!"

Sylvia

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Give me some dap!

Hill

• BurnTheShips
  • SixofNine
    SixofNine

Your earlier question Hillbilly, while not coming as an honest broker (since you have as much access to the wealth of information regarding the way Obama is doing things differently, and the things he proposes to change as I or anyone does), was brought to mind when I came across the following statement from him, released today, which both proposes substantial change/s, and is in itself change from the way politicians have spoken to the American people (and this is just one out of many, many issues:

Obama Statement on Pride Month

Chicago, IL -- Senator Barack Obama today released the following statement commemorating Pride month.

“I am proud to join with our lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered brothers and sisters in celebrating the accomplishments, the lives, and the families of all LGBT people during this Pride season. Too often, the issue of LGBT rights is exploited by those seeking to divide us. But at its core, this issue is about who we are as Americans.”

“It’s time to live up to our founding promise of equality by treating all our citizens with dignity and respect. Let’s enact federal civil rights legislation to outlaw hate crimes and protect workers against discrimination based upon sexual orientation and gender identity or expression. Let’s repeal Don't Ask, Don't Tell and demonstrate that the most effective and professional military in the world is open to all Americans who are ready and willing to serve our country. Let’s treat the relationships and the families of LGBT Americans with full equality under the law.”

“We are ready to accomplish these goals because of the courage and persistence of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered people who are working every day to achieve equal rights. The gay couple who demand equal treatment in our family laws as they raise their children; the lesbian soldier who wants nothing more than to serve her country openly and honestly; the transgendered workers who asks for the simple dignity of being judged by the quality of their work. Generations of LGBT Americans, at once ordinary and extraordinary, have made possible this moment in our history. With leadership and hard work, we can fulfill the promise of equality for all.”

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll
    To me she looks pissed,

I think so.

• TD
    TD

How can amorous be confused with pissed?

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Your earlier question Hillbilly, while not coming as an honest broker (since you have as much access to the wealth of information regarding the way Obama is doing things differently, and the things he proposes to change as I or anyone does), was brought to mind when I came across the following statement from him, released today, which both proposes substantial change/s, and is in itself change from the way politicians have spoken to the American people (and this is just one out of many, many issues:

thanks for the info... His stand on gays is OK with me. I dont mind gay folks at all... but I dont like public schools telling my kids its ok...thats my job.

the release reads pretty much like the standard liberal fare we get out of dems anyway.. now what did Obama change exactly?

I never took it upon myself to be the honest broker around here... you do a fair job at it.

Thanks

Hill

• Forscher
    Forscher

Well, well,

Somebody bailed my lazy critic out so he/she didn't have to put forth the effort. I doubt it took all that much effort. Still, it says a lot more about my critic than anything else.

In my first post I used the word "if." So I was not being dogmatic and invited correction if the comment I cited was wrong. Instead of doing that, my critic simply threw out allegations without any support. Said critic couldn't be bothered to provide any support, relying on others to make the effort while said critic just blew their mouth off.

And said critic thinks that makes them somehow better?

Bye the way. Thanks for the pictures, I stand corrected. Before I logged off last night I already knew from my further research that Obama's father is supposedly of the Luo people, hardly Arab. But I wasn't going to help an idiot out.

Good luck and good night.

• frozen one
    frozen one

I spent some time browsing Obama's web site. I really don't see any "change" from the standard Democrat line. New federal programs, more federal regulation, redistribute wealth, etc, etc. I'm not saying his ideas are bad or wrong, but the ideas are not new by any stretch. Democrats have been championing this stuff for decades. Obama is the latest lead spokesperson.

I read Obama Statement on Pride Month. Again, I've read many similar statements from various politicians over the years. Well written, or as Joe Biden would say, articulate. Nothing new though. Here is another statement from a politician regarding gay people:

"The Constitution says that all men are created equal, and it doesn't say that all men are created equal except for gays. Just like everyone else who is born in this country, gays are endowed by their creator, God, with inalienable rights, and among those are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. At birth, whether your are born in Russia, Cuba, South America, or New York, you are born equal. The difference is that our [American] babies grow up to live free."

Very understandable language. You can guess who said it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit