Physically shaken and feeling sick

by passwordprotected 36 Replies latest members private

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Have you read Combatting Cult Mind Control by Steve Hassan
    The problem with getting such a book is having it in the home will raise eyebrows. Any source online with it as a PDF?

I don't think it is available in any form but book-form. I have seen it at the Chicago Public Library.
    It can be ordered at freedomofmind.com or at Amazon. Best bet is to read it outside the home if
    you can get it delivered to a friend or at work or get it at the library. It's slower, but can be done
    at lunchtime or on public transportation while doing your daily stuff.

If none of those suggestions is for you, then you should follow the links above and at freeminds.org
    and read the web stuff that will help some on psychological issues.

• catbert
    catbert

PWP,

You are where I was 20yrs ago. I wish you could feel the way I feel now.
    I was raised in "The Truth".

The saying "time heals all wounds" seems so cliche, but it has been my experience over and over again.

Why after 20yrs of being away would I be on a board like this? Have I not gotten over it yet?

Family. I still have family in. Some are elders. I want news of what they are being exposed to by the FDS as the "day draws near", and I get
    that here.

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

@blondie - fantastic quote, d'oh, why didn't I think of it...?

• Quandry
    Quandry

Most of us have felt that same feeling. Beginning to suspect that the Great and Powerful OZ is controlled by the "man behind the curtain" is hard to deal with.Panic sets in. Many run the other direction and refuse to look any further. Some, however, must-must-stay and with trepidations, reach out and slowly peel the curtain back, revealing what is behind it. Once the curtain is fully opened, revealing the man at the controls, we know we can never go back......

• White Dove
    White Dove

Yes, I've gone through these feelings especially when I found irrefutable evidence of the UN scandal. I'm still discovering things, though, and having stomach lurching moments. I've been out now 3 years in October.

They say that Jehovah lies in order to test us. Oh, he only says that to test us.

The Bible shows Jehovah lying to test Abraham. It was never his intention for A to kill Isaac.

Jehovah lies. I've been through all of these in order.

It's a hell of a rollercoaster ride.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Jehovah doesn't test us with evil things, either, so that "testing us" explanation can't be true, either.

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

ditto on Combatting Cult Mind Control.

I would go further and say its essential reading. It helped me immensely, mainly to understand why JW's don't want to hear what you may have to say and why its like talking to a brick wall deep in denial with its hands over its ears. It was very easy for me to discard their childish behaviour once I understood the underlying reasons for it and why really they are incapable of reacting any other way.

The other way it helped me was to dispel the notion that JW'ism is somehow unique - it's actually very similar to a lot of other American cults, which is further confirmation for you as you continue down a difficult road.

Good luck PWP - many here have been there and lived to tell the tale - the trick will be to keep your wife and family with you - the rest don't matter.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Feeling sick...yep. I got a copy of Crisis of Conscience from the library in Nov 1996 because I had to see for myself. And I was going to refute it mind you...figured THAT would be easy since Ray Franz was obviously some disgruntled apostate spewing forth filth....and boy, I was hit in the head with a BRICK when I opened that book. I was SCREAMING with rage! It was like this primal thing too like my soul was trying to leave my body I was sooooo enraged at the LIES and DECEIT and the CONTROL and MORE lies and MORE deceit...page after page of exposure. And Ray is the mildest soul, the most forthright person with no anamosity. He wrote many of the books we READ and STUDIED with as JWs and so the man can write...and his research is impeccable and thorough and straight from the bowels of the Society's deepest darkest passageways and closed and sound proof rooms. I read parts of it outloud through tears to my terrified JW husband who ran from me with a face as white as a sheet and sweat on his brow because he was terrified of me and I was a woman possessed. Truth does that to you. It cleanses you and I was in fact excorsizing myself of 13 years of mind control and lies.

We had the book study at our home...right there and then I told my husband that they were no longer welcome there and to tell the BSC to take them to the hall and not my house next Thursday. Well my husband being the coward that he is DIDNT tell the man and so at 7:20 the following Thursday, Im getting my kids ready for bed and there are people coming to my door!! The COWARD doesnt show up until AFTER 7:30 of course because he knew damn well what he had done...and I wanted to KILL him! He came into the bedroom and started yelling at ME "YOU NEVER LOVED OR CARED ABOUT THE FRIENDS!" And I just frickin LOST it...I curled up in the corner of the room and covered my head with my hands and screamed at him...and I know they heard me in the back room...."NEVER LOVED THEM???? WHO is it that cleans this whole damn house every week? WHO is it that mows the yard or shovels OUR driveway and the NEIGHBORS so the friends can PARK HERE? WHO is it that bathes and feeds and dresses THREE CHILDREN for every single meeting ALONE??? WHO is it that prepares coffee, drinks and refreshments EVERY WEEK? WHO is it that sets up the chairs and breaks them down EVERY WEEK??? And WHO IS IT WHO DOESNT DO A GODDAMN THING BUT SHOW UP EVERY WEEK AT 7:25 AND BECOME THE WONDERFUL SPIRITUAL BROTHER H WHO SO GRACIOUSLY OPENS HIS HOUSE FOR THE BOOK STUDY????? SO DONT YOU STAND THERE AND FUCKING TELL ME I DONT LOVE THE FRIENDS!!!" He just stood there for the longest damn time...silent. All I could hear was my hard breathing and somebody trying to read paragraphs over my screaming.

So yes....we sure do get it that you are feeling sick. He is still a JW. We are still married 11 years later. It can be done. But the JWs are this pink elephant in the living room that is always there that we always step around that we dont acknowledge or talk about and that we cant get rid of...she's always there. But if the pink bitch gets in my way, I have the courage now to SLAP her. She holds no sway over me any more.

hugs, LD

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

PWP, many of us have had those feelings but it does get better over time. Posting here and reading others posts will help. I've not read Combating Mind Control but many others highly suggest it. Crisis of Conscience helped me.

Just be true to yourself.

I hope you the best.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Oh, by the way- COMBATTING CULT MIND CONTROL is not about JW's
    nor is it written by a member or former member. It has nothing to do with JW's,
    so you could, technically, read it while sitting in the car during field service.

Still, we know what you are going through. No point in alarming those around you.
    If necessary, ask a neighbor to receive the book for you or just have it delivered at
    home with some other books from Amazon. When asked what you got, say the
    titles of the other books.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit