Physically shaken and feeling sick

by passwordprotected 36 Replies latest members private

• whoknows
    whoknows

I and my husband have left in the last year 1/2 after more than 40 years in. It is a traumatic experience to realize the truth about the "truth". Keep reading and investigating. It does get better. When I look back I can't believe the fear I lived in my whole life, and it is a great feeling to be finally free. Its good you have friends that are out or on their way out. I have found you don't need as many friends as you think you do, just true ones who will accept you unconditionally.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

PWP,

I was where you're at only 2 and a half months ago. I've read all the books since then that have been recomended... They have kept me sane and have made me very angry at the deceit of the WTS at the same time.

If you want to read Crisis of Conscience it is available as a PDF: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/32/153702/1.ashx

A@G

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

I know that sick feeling well. When I began my fade about 5+ years ago, my husband was an elder and my kids were exemplary little dubs and we were the Perfect JW Family. When I expressed my doubts to my husband and said that I couldn't continue as a JW, it was the beginning of what I was certian would be the end of my marriage.

I told my kids about my doubts eventually and encouraged them to ask me anything they wanted to. They were scared to express ANY doubt about the WTS, which was not surprising to me at the time but is pretty scary when I think about it now. Once they started questioning it was like the floodgates were opened. But I definately felt like I pulled the rug out from under them. Everything they had ever believed was now proved a lie. I know that they felt lost and confused and I had to fight hard to keep them grounded and on the 'straight and narrow'.

They are both out of the JWs now, my daughter is in college and my son will begin in the fall. Both far from home, and both supported by my husband. My marriage is back to normal, my husband accepts the fact that we are all NOT JWs, and respects that. I never thought that would happen. We respect his being away for meetings and assemblies, etc. Neither of my kids believes in the bible, and both wonder if God really exists, but they are ok with not knowing for sure.

It can be done, but it takes time and determination and love. PM me if you want!

GGG

• LayingLow
    LayingLow

I remember being there. It was like a roll-a-coaster. It was less than a year ago but things are much better now (wasn't so sure that would be the case back then).

How much of a stickler for correctness will probably have a lot to do with how you cope while still trying to get your family out. I don't recommend lying to anyone, but there are so many ways to agree with others (even if in only one small aspect) while not agreeing with the whole of what they are saying. I remember as a witness talking with people in service that I would find so many 'aspects' of what they say to agree with that you would swear we went to the same church (or 'hall'), not that when it came down to it we really did.

Question: Do you believe that the faithful and discreet slave is the mouthpiece of Jehovah?

Potential Answers:
    1. No
    2. I believe that the faithful slave is the mouthpiece of Jehovah (This is true even if you believe that all Christians on earth are the faithful slave and that Matthew 24:45-47 was pointing to all Christians).

I wish you the best in your investigation and present difficulties.

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

Those feelings are just Gods way of getting you ready to grow. The greatest motivators are pleasure and pain. Your eyes hurt because you've never used them before. (credit "The Matrix") there's nothing wrong, just another way to look at the world. Bring_the_Light

• changeling
    changeling

Finding out that what you believed was true was a lie is shatering. This is a normal reaction. You will soon "wrap your brain around it" and figure out what to do next.

Hang in there,

changeling :)

• Quentin
    Quentin

I took it on the arches thirty years ago...I think back then it was easier to fade away. Still, it took about six or seven years before I was completly free from all things jw.

Take it slow, take it easy. Don't rush yourself. Read as much non jw material as you can, church history, books that deal with how the bible cannon was constructed. General history books. Whatever else you find interesting. Broaden your thinking beyond wt literature. Personnely, I'd start with Ray Franz COC book. It is an eye opener, written by a man who had no "axe" to grind. It is a simple and easy read.

Above all, take heart in knowing you are note alone...and welcome to the board...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit