Natural gas BBQ

by besty 52 Replies latest jw friends

• ninja
    ninja

I remember someone in Glasgow having a barbeque once.......yep....my grandfather talked fondly of him.......and for the record...they said the mammoth was very tender

• bluesbreaker59
    bluesbreaker59

I assure you, that anyone coming by my place on a weekend, watching the smoke billow out of my GAS smoker, would love the results. I have ribs, turkey breasts, beans and boston butts down to a fine science. Its a thing of beauty watching that thing roll. After 14 hours of smoking / cooking with Hickory, the butts are done to perfection. I challenge anyone to not enjoy one of my Boston Butts aka "pulled pork". Now Briskets, are an art form and there own seperate thing all together.

When I talk BBQ, I refer to meats that you might eat in the south, that are condusive to slow cooking with wood, or charcoal.

For GRILLING, just go with gas. Grilling seems to be all about the convenience anyway. I love the taste of charcoal steaks and burgers, but if you have company over, or your grilling for kids, they are too impatient to wait lots of times. If its just you and the misses, then charcoal is fine, because you can be patient and wait a bit. I was annoyed this past weekend, going to someone's house for a cook out, and it took him an hour to get his Weber charcoal grill going before dropping the meat on. I would've been done already and cleaning up with gas.

For smoking I think wood only would be great, but its the ease of temperature control that I enjoy about using gas. Most of the flavor is in the rubs and the wood anyway, not the gas or charcoal.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Blues, you're a sensible guy! ;-)

• TMS
    TMS

" is there a grill you know of I can buy from a store that would be an alternative to recycling oil barrels and assuming I don't have any welding kits, smokestacks or rubber tires? "

Actually, a national chain, Academy, has legitimate smoker/grills.

tms

• Carmel
    Carmel

Check Consumer Reports on grills. Weber rates high on smaller units. There are several functions evaluated. Sears Craftsman two burner is "Best Buy" but plan on three hours to put it together. The larger units in stainless steel under $1000 are also compared. carmel ps I will never go back to fussing with charcoal and the taste of starter fluid! carm

• watson
    watson

I'm really enjoying my "Tuscany" from Costco.

By the way, why do most people choose the hottest time of the year to bar b que outside over a hot grill? Just wonderin'.

• Gregor
    Gregor

When we go to the beach or mountains we throw one of these little hibachis in the trunk with a bag of briquets. Great for two people, so cheap they are practically disposable.

PS The flavor from grilling comes from the meat drippings that flare and smoke. I like charcoal better because it's hotter but can't beat the convenience of gas.

• Currientology
    Currientology

I own a Traeger wood pellet BBQ. It's just as easy to use as any gas grill. Digital thermostat and auger system feeds the pellets. GREAT BBQ taste. I highly recommend it!!!!!!!!

http://www.traegergrills.com

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

Why does a grill have to cost $1,000.00?? That's nuts. I have a humongous charcoal grill that I routinely use. I can grill enough food for 15 people on that thing. It cost me $170.00 and I've been using it for years now.

By the way, if you're not grilling or BBQing with wood or charcoal, you're not BBQing. If you wanna cook with gas, just stick to the stove in the house.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Best roas pig and chicken you will ever have.

La Caja China

http://www.lacajachina.com/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit