Natural gas BBQ

by besty 52 Replies latest jw friends

• besty
    besty

wisdom of the crowd please.

Going to buy a BBQ and need opinions on the best fit for our needs.

1 - cooking for 20 people max

2 - small yard

3 - pre-plumbed to the yard for gas

4 - budget upto $1000 max

All ideas/website links welcome

• Highlander
  • besty
    besty

whatagasfromda-ass

• Highlander
  • besty
    besty

Highlander banned from thread due to lack of content :-)

• John Doe
    John Doe

I'd recommend a Weber. http://www.weber.com/

They are built really well and designed to last. Most grills have a "flimsy" feel to them, like they'll break if you lean against them. Webers have thick metal surfaces and a solid feel. Not to mention, they're made in the USA if that's important to you.

• oompa
    oompa

not sure about the conversion, but the Jenn-Aire is fine quality for the price....they are stainless shell, but the big dif is the burners....I have had cast iron....replace every few years....and stainless tubes....not great heat.....but bronze.....omg...you get 50 years so it may be the last one you ever need even if you neglect it.....I have been consulted many times (due to reputation sorry) and the two that did go with the Jenn-Aire are very pleased. I went with a Members Mark once I found out who made it...but dont know if they still do. But the burners matter as much if not more than the shell.............oompa

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Sorry Paul but if it isn't using charcoal it isn't a barbecue, just an outdoor hob.

I got an old Mobil Oil drum, split it with an angle grinder and hinged the two halves. I bolted them to two old cast iron bench ends and customised some old grills to fit. (£10 to a local welder)

It doesn't just look great it cooks FANTASTIC! I have barbecued half a dozen chickens at the same time with room to spare. When all my family come round there can be almost 30 people in my garden and this beauty copes with no problem. With the top half down I can smoke fish or hams, hell I can cook a small pig on a spit!

Maybe it's the Greek in me but I just don't get cooking on gas outdoors.

Gia sou Paul!

• John Doe
    John Doe

I hate charcoal.

• besty
    besty

ok guys this thread is not called 'Gas v Coals - discuss'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit