Sex and the City Movie

by lonelysheep 43 Replies latest social entertainment

• hillbilly
    hillbilly
    But at least the fight scene gave us a chance for a good look at the Vivienne Westwood dress - although I think she should have chosen the Dior. And her clothes got way cooler after the break-up. It really is vacuous trashy nonsense that's rather pleasurable.

Your dinky dust is showin'...you old Queen... LMAO

Hill

• mind my own
    mind my own

I seen it yesterday. I really enjoyed it!! I didn't want it to end it was so good. Carrie and Big - FINALLY!!!

MMO

• Mariusuk.
    Mariusuk.

Let's see................

Four self obsessed, neurotic, vain, materialistic women none of which can hold onto a man. I personally hate these shallow characters. I would rather pull my own teeth out than sit through a movie based on these women

• scotsman
    scotsman

HB

Ever since you introduced me to dinky dust I've been using liberally, it's changed my life. Thank you.

I think that SITC is the 21st Cent Jane Austen, neither of which I take particularly seriously, both of which are entertaining. The nice thing about the big screen is it revealed just how truly awful some of their acting is - Chris Noth in particular. Token nod to racial diversity and slanderous references to mexican hygiene we a bit embarrassing.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Let's see................

Four self obsessed, neurotic, vain, materialistic women none of which can hold onto a man. I personally hate these shallow characters. I would rather pull my own teeth out than sit through a movie based on these women

It's always the guy's fault.

You do know that, right, Marius?

• Confession
    Confession
    2 1/2 hours of women constantly psycho-analyzing male behavior and insisting on staying w/ men who treat them like shit. Art imitating life, I suppose.

Did we see the same movie?

My girlfriend wanted to see it with me. We went last night. I didn't like this series in the beginning, but I eventually understood the appeal--and I liked the movie.

• llbh
    llbh

I went to see this movie on Friday, i loved it Cried and laughed. | loved the Pekinese dog.

Went with a very good friend who happens to be gay, he added a different perspective which was fun

.I went to New York recently and loved it immensely, this helped me enjoy the movie more

Definitely worth seeing.

Regards

David

• sandy
    sandy

"sandy and lonelysheep, what are you talking about? What was there to explain? After all she had been through with him? I think I would have reacted the same way. It was so totally realistic to me that my heart sank. I was so into the movie I wanted to jump into screen."

I'll have to watch the movie again on DVD and see if I still feel the same way about the wedding scene. I did love it overall but I still feel there was something off w/ that wedding scene. Something was lost and I can't put my finger on it. I don't think it was interpreted very well, I guess that is what I mean to say. Maybe the writing was bad. I don't know . . .

And Charlotte was not funny to me at all during that scene. I guess I am not really too big of a fan of the Charlotte character.

• Confession
    Confession

Actually, Sandy, I agreed with your comment myself. I mean, when you consider the types of problems that really do occur in the lives of couples, the idea that Big had second thoughts about the wedding did not seem all that monumental to me. I ask: if it had been Carrie who had such a momentary lapse, would it have been considered fitting for Big to go off on her as she did on him?

• lilybird
    lilybird

My daughter and I watched the movie last week. We both loved it. It had everything I loved about the series and more. I think it doesn't maybe appeal to the 20something crowd as much as the women in the movie are in their 40's and Samantha turns 50 in the movie. I say that because my daughter enjoyed it but didn't quite get all the fuss and she said she didn't understand why Carrie was so in love with Big as he was , in her words."really old" , My daughter is 22 and my 19 year old niece went and she didn't really think so much of the movie. I can't wait for it to come out on dvd to watch it all over again.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit