Sex and the City Movie

by lonelysheep 43 Replies latest social entertainment

• mouthy
    mouthy

jstlin>>My boyfriend made me go...

Now dont you get in a controlling relationship AGAIN!!!! Your FREE if you didnt want to go dont let ANYONE Make you do anything.No matter how much you love him

Advice from Granny

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

I wanted to see Indiana Jones, but the girlfriend I went w/ insisted on Sex and the City.

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!

2 1/2 hours of women constantly psycho-analyzing male behavior and insisting on staying w/ men who treat them like shit. Art imitating life, I suppose.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

I went Friday night with a group of non-JWs ladies and it was a BLAST!!! We were all fashionably dressed and went out for cocktails afterwards. I LOVED IT!!!! I'm going to see it again later this week with a few other friends.

If you've never seen the show, I recommend renting the series so that you get to know the characters. But even if you haven't seen a episode, I think you'll still like it.

• mind my own
    mind my own

I'm going to see it on Wednesday with a friend, I can't wait!!

MMO

• Layla33
    Layla33

I really loved it. I threw a Sex & the City party, where we dished, washed some of the better episodes, had Cosmos and then went to the theater. I really enjoyed it, I had a blast and it was fun to bond with the female friends. Not the greatest movie ever made, just good times - oh and LOTS OF SHOES.

• sandy
    sandy

WARNING: MOVIE SPOILER

I loved the series, still do. I could watch the reruns forever. I thought the movie was pretty good. A lot of laughs.

I didn't care for the Wedding scene. It seemed a little to dramatic for me. I thought the writing here was a little week for the point I think the movie was trying to make. IMOP Carrie overreacted and should have allowed Big to explain himself. I think it would have been a better movie and more of a sad scene if he had not showed up at all. The scene in the street with her fighting with Big was not moving to me at all. Her not letting him explain himself did not make sense to me.

I'll have to finish this thought in a few minutes.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

My opinion is that there is no point in going if you haven't seen the show (say, a season) AND liked it. Someone I know who has never seen an episode, I advised to watch the show first.

*Spoiler

Sandy--I agree with you about the wedding scene. The phone part was funny but the scene in general never got as sad as it could have. But then, I thought, that wouldn't really be in essence with the show.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

***Warning: Movie Spoiler****

sandy and lonelysheep, what are you talking about? What was there to explain? After all she had been through with him? I think I would have reacted the same way. It was so totally realistic to me that my heart sank. I was so into the movie I wanted to jump into screen.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

The weekend is almost here for those of you who have not gone yet!

• scotsman
    scotsman

But at least the fight scene gave us a chance for a good look at the Vivienne Westwood dress - although I think she should have chosen the Dior. And her clothes got way cooler after the break-up. It really is vacuous trashy nonsense that's rather pleasurable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit