I'm meeting with the elders...

by cognac 45 Replies latest jw friends

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Offer them a beer too.

Funny how you get encouraging shepherding calls only when you start rocking the boat. It is stupid, you're right.

Afterwards, are you putting the tape on youtube?

momz

• undercover
    undercover
    It's going to be in my house. It will be taped.

A silver lining in the cloud...

Taping it is a good idea.

And since it's in your house, if they upset you, you can ask them to leave.

Since they've committed to having an "encouraging" meeting, then maybe you can just let them read their scriptures, say their piece, pray and leave.

If they start asking questions, trying to pry into your actions or thoughts, then it's no longer encouraging but harrassing. At that point you can ask them to leave. It is your property, after all. And if they give you any trouble after that you can tell them that if they return it will be trespassing. You can even take out a restraining order on them. Drastic, maybe, but hell, you're being harrassed...stand up and take action.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

They never end well...you may explode and let it all out like I did when a Brother called afew days ago...I said I had some doctrinal issues but didn't want to dicuss it....then I let rip! I couldn't stop, they left in disgrace.

• Layla33
    Layla33

I'm sorry but that is psychological warfare, they are trying to break you. They can't force you to do anything, all of this religious pressure is ridiculous. I am sending out positive energy to you in this time. Be strong, don't answer any questions you think might trip you up, in fact, if it were me, I WOULDN'T SAY ANYTHING. Let them talk to the whole entire time until they are frustrated, fumbling and have no place to go.

If they tape you, make sure they leave you with a tape. I would honestly seek the help of an attorney, a private one without your husband because they are seriously trying to break you down and you have rights here.

Again, save your money and find a place to go. I wish we had a JWD system here for women going through this, like they do for women that are abused, a safe house to get away from these cult tactics.

peace be with you

• chickpea
    chickpea

it is creepy how this arm of the b0rg will insert itself
    where it is obviously not welcomed or invited
    and insist that it has access to members' lives.....

dont know what else to offer in terms of encouragement
    except to say: stand your ground!!

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead
    Finally, my husband and the elder both come up to me asking about it.

Oooohh, I'm sorry that you're not getting much support on the home front either. Remember, anything you say can wand will be used against you in the star chamber. My DA was announced 2 weeks ago after I opened my mouth on an "encouraging" sheheding call.

So unless you want to go the DA route as I and others have, I wouldn't say much besides "I'll think about it" and "Thank you for coming". Of course, if you want the pressure to end, then just tell tham "I don't believe in JW's anymore" will suffice. You'll be left alone by all JWs earthwide but you'll have plenty of friends that will give you support. This is what I'm going through.

Take care. Choose wisely.

A@G

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

When is this suppose to happen?

• Cc81
    Cc81

Cognac, I am so sorry you are going through all of this.. I think of you and your situation often, and wish you well! More so because i probably know most of the people you are dealing with... (us growing up in the same "area" and all.) I wish you well.. and my thoughts are with you.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Hi Sweetie, you know I am pulling for you. I hope you consider carefully what YOU want out of this so that you can make sure your plans and needs are not undermined.

I was thinking alot about you yesterday and had a sudden little panic for you. I was so upset the site was down. I am glad to see you here and hope you remember that you can control this. You are steering the ship, and don't lose sight of that!

Love,
    shelly

• cognac
    cognac

"When is this suppose to happen?" Tonight "I think of you and your situation often, and wish you well!" Thanks CC! I will let you guys know how it goes. Seriously, who the hell actually likes these "sheparding calls"??? Acckkk, just can't wait til its over with. Can't believe I let myself get pressured into this... What a damn idiot... "Oooohh, I'm sorry that you're not getting much support on the home front either. Remember, anything you say can wand will be used against you in the star chamber. My DA was announced 2 weeks ago after I opened my mouth on an "encouraging" sheheding call." Thanks A@G. He's trying, they just put so much damn pressure on him. I know that he likes being a JW because of his friends and all, and we have been coming to a better resolution between us regarding it, but sometimes its difficult for him to keep everybody happy...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit