I'm meeting with the elders...

by cognac 45 Replies latest jw friends

• cognac
    cognac

I was so adament with my husband about not meeting with them./ I said "NO" under no uncertain terms that I did not want to have this meeting. So, they have been hounding us for days about it, repeatedly asking.

Finally, my husband and the elder both come up to me asking about it. So I just said to elder that the last meeting was discouraging and I don't want to be put through that again. He said that this one will be encouraging. So, finally I caved. I mean, last one was so awful that it really stumbled hubby... If this one is bad hopefully it will do the same...

Anyways, so I'm meeting with them. I told hubby that if this was in any way discouraging that I would never, ever step foot into a kingdom hall again. I wanted to make sure he fully understood that.

This is crap and I'm pissed.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I'm sorry honey. Refresh my memory....Why are you meeting with them? To what end?

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

Ugh.

Do something nice for yourself afterwards.

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

(((((cognac)))))

Hopefully this will be the last time you'll have to deal with them!

• DJK
    DJK
    He said that this one will be encouraging.

Is that possible?

I say don't go, you shouldn't go with the pressure they have been putting on you.

If you go, write down their questions and tell them you'll take some time to answer them. Get back to them in a couple months.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

At this point, it might be a good idea to make it clear that you are finished. It looks like you are going to be disfellowshipped, whether sooner or later. You can do things the hard way (by fighting it, trying to comply, attempting to "repent". This may work for a time, but it will be extremely stressful and you will be hounded mercilessly to make sure you are complying.

Or you can do it the easy way. Don't cooperate. Don't give them anything. Don't show up for your judicial hearing. Tell them that you are going to believe what you want, not what they want you to. You will still be disfellowshipped. However, it will bypass the stress of repeated houndings. And, from then on, you will be able to do pretty much as you believe.

However, there is still the "head" of the household. If he continues being a believer, you will still have to comply with certain things. You will not be able to decorate your home for Christmas or have guests for a Christmas party because he will have the stuff taken down. There is a pretty good chance that he will still have witlesses coming at the house for pit stops. But, you will be able to miss all the boasting sessions, pray to Jesus and not Jehovah (or not pray at all), and study whatever Bible you want, on your terms and not the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger's. And if your husband is guilted into separation, and you do not remarry or commit adultery, you will be free to celebrate holidays (bonus: he will not be able to remarry without a judicial committee for "adultery" if you hadn't already remarried or committed adultery yourself).

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Play it as it comes. You have the power in this deal...

I told mine to piss off last time they wanted to talk to me.... but as we read in this LOG (JWD) you could use multiple angles of logic in dealing with this situation.

Tell the truth and follow your heart.

Jeff

• cognac
    cognac
    Why are you meeting with them? To what end?

I have no idea. They said it was a Sheparding call. I told them I just had one. They said that wasn't really one because it was regarding a specific issue even though they told me before it was.

It's going to be in my house. It will be taped. This is stupid.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Geez, they treat you guys as if they were creditors. It's disgusting!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Drink a beer before the meeting and leave the bottle conspicuously out in the open.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit