I'm meeting with the elders...

by cognac 45 Replies latest jw friends

• horrible life
    horrible life

Probably too late for my suggestion. But...

I will stand up to almost anyone. But if I don't want to, or if it would be to my advantage not to, such as your case, saying something I would be sorry for, I walk away. I will hold my tongue.

My first thought was for you to pack an over-night bag, put your purse and bag in your locked car. Have only your keys, by the back door. If the elders start not "encouraging" you, then you can excuse yourself, to go to the bathroom, and sneak out the back door, or window, and leave. When you get to the hotel of your choice, you can call your husband, and tell him to make the bad men go away, and go to the pay phone at the corner, and you will give him further instructions.

Tell him you will show him a good time, when he gets there.

And sorry you have to go through this crap.

• Honesty
    Honesty

When did Jesus tell Peter to beat the sheep?

I thought he told Peter to feed the sheep.

• 83501nwahs
    83501nwahs

I will, well, I won't pray for you but my thoughts are with you. I think your previous stance was the correct one. In fact I would say that that it is downright foolish to be meeting with them. Remember the proverb, those having dealings with stupid ones will fare badly. You are choosing to have dealings with stupid ones. How could you possibly think it will turn out ok? All of us here on the board know exactly how this is going to turn out, and so do you! Do you not? Do you doubt for a second that these men will do you harm?

Furthermore, this is not a shepherding call, not even close. Ask them how many shepherding calls they have been doing lately. I'll bet you are the only one. if it really is a shepherding call, you can request that only one elder and one ministerial servant comes to your home. Shepherding calls do not require two elders. Actually, servants can go on shepherding calls by themselves. So, actually you can request a call from two ministerial servants and no elders. But this won't get you out of deep shit either if you're in it already. The MSs wil just narc you out on everything possible. they might even take pictures in your home to use as evidence.

I hope it turns out ok but it probably won't. you are playing their game and you are playing right into their hands. By your meeting with them, you are giving legitimacy to the process.

• 83501nwahs
    83501nwahs

I will, well, I won't pray for you but my thoughts are with you. I think your previous stance was the correct one. In fact I would say that that it is downright foolish to be meeting with them. Remember the proverb, those having dealings with stupid ones will fare badly. You are choosing to have dealings with stupid ones. How could you possibly think it will turn out ok? All of us here on the board know exactly how this is going to turn out, and so do you! Do you not? Do you doubt for a second that these men will do you harm?

Furthermore, this is not a shepherding call, not even close. Ask them how many shepherding calls they have been doing lately. I'll bet you are the only one. if it really is a shepherding call, you can request that only one elder and one ministerial servant comes to your home. Shepherding calls do not require two elders. Actually, servants can go on shepherding calls by themselves. So, actually you can request a call from two ministerial servants and no elders. But this won't get you out of deep shit either if you're in it already. The MSs wil just narc you out on everything possible. they might even take pictures in your home to use as evidence.

I hope it turns out ok but it probably won't. you are playing their game and you are playing right into their hands. By your meeting with them, you are giving legitimacy to the process.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Spiking their drinks is a bad idea. People who think it's funny probably never had it done to them. It's been done to me and there was nothing funny about it.

W

• horrible life
    horrible life

"50 Ways To Leave Your Lover"

"The problem is all inside your head", she said to me
    The answer is easy if you take it logically
    I'd like to help you in your struggle to be free
    There must be fifty ways to leave your lover the JW's

She said it's really not my habit to intrude
    Furthermore, I hope my meaning won't be lost or misconstrued
    But I'll repeat myself, at the risk of being crude
    There must be fifty ways to leave your lover the JW's