What Was Lousy About Being A JW For You?

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

... not having a choice in the matter (a.k.a. born in and left before i turned 18)

• TinyDancer124
    TinyDancer124

I was born into it and didn't really know any different. With that said, I didn't realize it was lousy until I was out. I do have to say, though, I always felt really left out during school holiday parties.

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

Probably being told how happy I was, but didn't really feel it.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

What wasn't lousy? that about sums it up for me.

• DJK
    DJK
    What wasn't lousy? that about sums it up for me.

I'll second that!

• undercover
    undercover

As a child, it was missing out on all the "normal" things that everyone else got to do. Xmas, Halloween, school plays, sports, proms, etc.

As a young adult, it was the constant nagging about our conduct and what movies/music we liked, no couple dating, chaperones on everything we did.

As a married adult, it was the drudgery of the meetings and service. Dressing up 4 days a week to either go to the KH or out in service. I hated field service...despised it. As a kid, you endured it because everyone said you had to go, but as an adult, I was going out and no one was making me...I did it out of guilt. Once I got over that, I gave it up forever.

• S3RAPH1M
    S3RAPH1M

Never again will I consciously allow strangers to monopolize my beliefs without question.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

All the barriers they put up against my meeting the opposite sex, after promising to remove already existing ones. On top of that, going out in field circus, stagnation, having a fxxxing boasting session every other day, having calls that made me want to , and the hounders.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Hmmmm, let's see....suits three to four times a week.

Breifcases.

Field circus in a car full a$$holes. Some smelled, some just wanted to eat, some talked too much.

Boring conventions.

Stupid meetings and listening to stupid answers during the BS or WT.

Singing sooooo stupid songs.

Listening to people constantly whine.

How far do you want me to go?

• Casper
    Casper

I'll go with number 3 -

That you always were feeling restricted, depressed and angry???

that about sums it up...

Cas

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit