What Was Lousy About Being A JW For You?

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Was it that you never got holiday candy until the day after?

That you couldn't be a "normal" kid?

That you always were feeling restricted, depressed and angry???

What stunk about being a Witness?

• ninja
    ninja

What stunk about being a Witness?....when freety ate her beef stroganoff at the big assemblies

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

Pretty much everything.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

The blowhards, the lies, the deceit, the missdirection.

• ninja
    ninja

hey jaggy...it might have been bad for you....but I liked all of them bands....he he

• blondie
    blondie

The lying, the gossip, I gave up thinking anything would change when the biggest liars were the elders and the biggest gossips were their wives.

Blondie (who was an elder's wife...don't hold it against me)

• ninja
    ninja

blondie...you gossipy liar you

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Not being able to be honest about what I really thought.

Never having normal relationships with family, schoolmates, workmates.

• lilybird
    lilybird

I think it was not being allowed to be yourself. Everything was thought out for you. I always felt afraid of "worldly people" and worldly things.Being a witness makes you fearful. I didn't do enough with my life when I was younger because I foolishly let myself be brainwashed by my mother and the jws to think only to the "new system" and not live for my future life here and now.

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

Being "required" to be in a certain small community, not being "allowed to find my own community, and getting NOTHING from the community I was required to belong to. Having a girlfriend I loved, love me if I believe shit that ain't true, not love me if I don't (wasn't even something we discussed, but was made very clear) Getting treated crazy if I say anything intelligent. Constant paranoia in those around me. No hot bitches. No loose bitches. But LOTS of big-B Bitches. :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit