What Was Lousy About Being A JW For You?

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

"Having" to lead a double life. Never REALLY being able to say how you feel, what you think.

• mind my own
    mind my own

Lots of stuff...the backstabbers, my childhood, all the restrictions, my depression, my social anxiety. Mostly that it was all for nothing b/c it isn't even real!!!

MMO

• minimus
    minimus

Being a JW can screw you up.

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

Feeling like an oddball at school and work, being criticised for just about everything, backstabbing "friends" that you have to keep accepting...

Having to hear how wonderful everything is, and how happy everybody is when you know otherwise.

I could go on.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Being told that the solution to any personal problem, no matter how complex in nature, was to increase your field service activity.

How many killed themselves because seeking professional help for depression was discouraged?

How many decent marriages never got a chance to flourish because issues weren't confronted?

How many never got past the poverty line because career advancement was seen as both futile and greedy?

How many kids got really damaged by being taught to idolize a barbarous monster like Jehovah?

• chickpea
    chickpea

being told to subjegate myself to a husbandly head
    who could not have given less of a sh!t about anyone
    or anything other than his own gratification......

i swore i would KILL the next person
    who "counseled" me to study the
    "family crapiness" book

aside from that.... most of it sucked
    in the major leagues too!!

• KKLUV155
    KKLUV155

Being told not to have worldly friends but didn't really get along with witness kids. Haveing to explain every school year why you can't celebrate holidays. Being told at the age of 14 if I talked to my df'd brothers and sister Jehovah would kill me at the big A. Being told constantly that demons will attack you if you don't go to the kingdom hall like you should. Having to sit through hours and hours of mind numbing meetings.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

The loudmouthed, lying, thieving blowhards who were about as intelligent as my left asscheek. They are commonly known as elders.

W

edited becuz i cant spel;

• minimus
    minimus

To think that people put their lives into the hands of men as intelligent as your left asscheek.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Waiting for R-rated movies to be broadcast on TV.

Or, sneaking into them in another town with a baseball cap and sunglasses.

Sheesh. What a schmuck.

Now I get them on DVD but still have to watch them without the JW fam.

om

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit