Do JWs Shun You?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Casper
    Casper

Minimus,

I am so sorry you have to endure such major "BS"... Especially at such a sad time for you.

Shunning is one of the teachings that I could never go along with, I felt it was wrong when it was first explained to me and could never make myself do it...

I'll tellya....once my mother passes, I'll be a lot more vocal and I won't give a sh*t!

I don't blame you, not sure I could wait until then, given the way they are treating you...

Cas

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

All but one lil old sister - she stays in my apartment block and my pet cat has taken a fancy to visiting her - so we chat - nothing spiritual, but I let her know if she needs a lift to the hall, hospital, grocery store or to meet someone I'll take her.

Every one else, when I do see them, look right through me.

• chickpea
    chickpea

i think as far as i am concerned,
    being a dedicated and unrepentant fader,
    it is an "out of sight, out of mind" kinda of
    progressive disregard ...

a run-in at the store or in public,"
    especially if it is a car group,
    has all the quality of encountering an excited terrier...
    tail wagging and exuberant greetings
    but nothing of substance that carries thru
    to everyday existence

there are a few who will make it a
    point to turn and walk the other way...
    and it never fails to ruin my day
    make me chuckle out loud

• minimus
    minimus

I went last night and my aunt was there. She didn't say hello and I went right to my uncle and said hello. My uncle actually sounded better and I could understand him! He said, in the loudest voice he could muster, to my aunt, "HE BRIGHTENS UP MY DAY!". When my aunt asked, ''what?", he said even louder, "HE BRIGHTENS UP MY DAY!!!"

My aunt looked at him, put her head down and cried.

It's pathetic that I believe Witnesses do what they do because they really feel it's Jehovah's direction.

My uncle said to me, when he saw me, "You kept your word. You came". And I said, "I'm here to see YOU. And I'll be back again tomorrow". After staying until he grew very visibly tired, I lft and I'll return when I get out of work.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

JWs are so pathetic... they can't drop their stupid shunning doctrine even on a man's deathbed.

Ugggghhh!

Good for you Min...

• chickpea
    chickpea

i think that your continued display of
    compassion and humanity for your
    uncle heaps coals on the heads
    of those who follow a heinous
    and unscriptural practice....

follow your heart

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Minimus..I`m living on a mountain in the wilderness..You`ve got to find me,before you can shun me..LOL!!..........Most of the JW`s that ever gave me a bad time,are dead..Coffin..............Any JW`s that are giving you a bad time,will also eventually die......It`s God`s way of letting them know how much he appreciates their efforts..LOL!!...................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• White Dove
    White Dove

No, but they don't come over, either. I try to shun them and avoid them because I don't want their attention. I never made but one friend in the org, and she is so busy that she never ever comes over.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I didn't know till I joined this board that the JW's were not suppose to shun me because I was not baptized, since I mentioned something about it, all of a sudden some JW family members will talk to me but still some wont even say hello.

• Ruth Eeker
    Ruth Eeker

I'm so sorry to hear your uncle is so ill.

My heart goes out to you Minimus and GOOD FOR YOU for keeping going!

As A@G said, could they not put their issues aside for 2 seconds and focus on the matter at hand (your uncle)?!?!

I know how much it hurts and how much it angers me when family treats you this way.
    (another hug )

You must have felt some what good when he spoke up in front of your aunt!!

Remember to take comfort in the fact that God see's it all and your uncle's day is brighten up because you....they can't take that away from him or you!

Take care.
    Luv,
    Ruth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit