Do JWs Shun You?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I don't have the new Organization book either. I tried searching here for it but I couldn't find the shunning part.

• blondie
    blondie

www.watchtower.cc/ODBook.pdf

Organized to do Jehovah's Will

• thepackage
    thepackage

I may be rare but JW do not shun me. I've been moving houses this past two week and a bunch of JW have come by to offer help or have a beer with me dispite the fact i have a beard, have not been to meeting in over a year, and have made it known that i will not be returning to the Hall ever. Please note, i was always respectfull to everyone at the Hall and made it a a point to have all the "friends" over for a BBQ at some point. I'm nor DF of DA even though i turned in a DA letter to the Elders, they through it in the trash. I guess cause they know i know all the little dirty things that happen in the Hall.

• minimus
    minimus

Thanks Blondie. Pages 155 and 156 clearly state that an ANNOUNCEMENT is made when one is to be treated as a disassociated or disfellowshipped person. No announcement has been made about me, hence their treatment is against the Organization's written policy.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I have the new DO book on pdf.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

If you want it pm me with your e-mail and I'll send it to you.

• minimus
    minimus

I read it online. It's just what I thought. Of course, many JWs interpret things differently, especially if an elder says that's not what the book "really" means.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Oh, to answer your question.

Yes, I do believe I was shunned over the weekend at a family gathering.

I get the feeling of being ignored by a lot of people though.

I should be used to it.

• TinyDancer124
    TinyDancer124

The only ones in my family still in the religion are my mother, aunt and sister. None of them shun me. I have 2 friends who are still technically JW's and neither one of them shun me either. I suppose everyone else would (if I ever actually made it to the KH, which I refuse to do), but I don't care since none of them mean anything to me.

• minimus
    minimus

Shunners are elitists.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit