Do JWs Shun You?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Recently, I've heard from various JW family members that either I am viewed as "close to being an apostate" because I had made some comments suggesting that the FDS is clearly wrong on many issues over the years or that I "have left Jehovah" and therefor by my new way of life, I must be shunned.

While visiting my dying non JW uncle in the hospital, I was told outrightly that it was wished that I never showed my face and that my mere presence was objectionable and that since I "left Jehovah", they could not talk to me any longer.

Their viewpoints saddened me because they said all this in front of my uncle who can barely respond to anything. His reaction: he cried his eyes out! Still, they feel quite justified and have used the newest Organization book to justify their shunning, even though I am not disfellowshipped or disassociated publicly.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Disgusting! Such an evil thoughtless group.

Yes, JWs shun me ... despite that I'm still a Christian. So, I guess I'm being prosecuted in Jesus's name.

• tnangel73
    tnangel73

Yes and no. Almost no one in my family who are JW's does. I can only think of a couple of times when outright shunning has occurred.

One time, was in a local shopping center's parking lot. The ringleader elder that DF'd me was street witnessing. They packed up and left

when he had spotted me. I made sure to make direct eye contact with him and I smiled. It was 9:40 am so I doubt it was break time yet.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

HI mini...

I am sorry you and your Uncle had to endure such unloving comments . I am afraid I am setting myself up for the same kind of response tonight when we attend a visitation were there will be witness family members . I have been just waiting for them to directly telling us they don't want us around . If it comes to that my husband will really be hurt he 's naive to how his witness family really is .

• minimus
    minimus

I believe they feel they are doing what they must do. They quoted from the ORGANIZATION book regarding how by my actions, I chose to disassociate myself so therefore they CANNOT talk to me. Interestingly, other family members and other JWs do not share this same view,.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    While visiting my dying non JW uncle in the hospital
    they said all this in front of my uncle who can barely respond to anything. His reaction: he cried his eyes out!

I'm sorry minimus this is the heightened cruelty to bear, what gives anyone the right to speak for some one on their death bed. How do they know how he

really feels inside?

h4o

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I find that Elders , MS , and pioneers are the ones that walk the organizational line . Rank and file pretty much still just go by personal feelings . At least that is how it has been in our case .

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Some do, some don't.

There are some JWs who can truly be self-righteous pricks. What your relatives did to you is an example of that. Shunning someone becomes more important than showing compassion to a dying man.

So glad I'm out of the cult.

S4

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Yes Min, ever since my official "A@G must be shunned" announcment last week JWs in my hall don't respond to emails or text messages. They do complain to my wife that they have received them.

My wife told me that a JW friend of hers was sick in the hopsital. Would she visit him? No she had to go to her meeting. "We'll I'll go, and wish him well," I said. Her response was that I'd better not, my presence would make him even sicker.

That made my day.

• minimus
    minimus

I visited my uncle again and spent almost an hour with him. He was pretty lucid with me and told me how thankful he was that I was visiting. He then asked me if I had talked to his wife (my aunt). I told him, "no". He asked, "why???" i simply said that since I won't go to meetings anymore she won't speak to me. He suddenly began weeping and I told him it was alright because I was coming for him---not anyone else.

I plan on checking in on him this evening while the family attends their meetings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit