Do JWs Shun You?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Not that I'm aware of. My father's family has had no interest in me since my dad was told he DAed decades ago - despite the fact that he's now back in.

My immediate family and my mother's extended family does not.

I've asked the folks in FS to please shun me and not disturb my Saturday mornings. The only time I've seen them in the past 3 years is a couple months back to invite me to the last supper (what I scary picture on the invite) - we'll see if they stay shooed away.

My heart goes out to you and your Uncle, Minimus.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I'm sorry you and your uncle had to endure that, and I'm glad you saw him since then. As you said, you weren't there to see them, you went to visit your uncle while there is still time. It angers me to see JWs try to make everything about them, even to the point of upsetting someone on his deathbed.

JWs don't shun me because I no longer have any connection to them, but I'm sure most who knew me would if they had the opportunity. My mother didn't shun me. Our relationship actually improved after I DA'd, surprisingly enough. I'm happy to say that when she was on her deathbed, no JWs were allowed to see her, only immediate family, and none are JWs.

W

• minimus
    minimus

I'll tellya....once my mother passes, I'll be a lot more vocal and I won't give a sh*t!

• undercover
    undercover

I'm not DAd/DFd so any shunning is not a sanctioned shunning.

Most JWs that I see are pleasant enough...some go out of their way to speak. Occasionally I'll run into a JW that has decided to "mark" me and will keep thier distance or not even speak. I don't really care...most of the JWs that would do that, I didn't care for much anyway.

My JW family does not shun me, they just regard me as "rebellious" and hope I'll get it over it. What's ironic is that I'm more vocal about the failings of the Society than one of my siblings who is DFd. Even though they're DFd they tend to accept their lot in life and the punishment their enduring. But they're shunned by the family and left to fend for themselves why I'm still considered a good son and invited to all family gatherings. Go figure.

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

Yes, they shun you even if you are not DF or DA, I have heard of that many many times, there are some I know who not go to meetings anymore, although they are not DF or DA, they are treated as if they were.

But the JW’s R&F don’t know what they are really saying, I don’t really believe they mean it or understand, they are just parrots for the WTS. Remember the words of Jesus, " forgive them my father, they don’t know they are doing."

The blood guilt is with the GB.

• minimus
    minimus

Aren't they actually misreading the Organization's Book???

• blondie
    blondie

jws snub people who are jws at the same KH; I'm not surprised that they take the penchant to judge others to the inactive, let alone those by policy they are allowed to snub, da'd and df'd.

How better to feel superior to others. They also judge as worthy of eternal death, non-jws and try to feel righteous by avoiding "naming" them as individuals.

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

BLONDIE, does the new book say that's what's expected by the JWs???

• blondie
    blondie

I don't have the new book. And snubbing people at the KH has never been an official but unofficiall policy. jws love to judge others and don't let the Bible get in their way.

• ninja
    ninja

yep

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit