Hot Food at the DCs past...What was it like?

by bronzefist 101 Replies latest jw friends

• free2think
    free2think

I remember the hot meals, i used to love them. I think my family only started having the in the few years before the were cut off. I loved the beef stroganoff.

• ninja
    ninja

beef stroganoff?.....now we know who stunk the toilets out everyone..............he he

• free2think
    free2think
    beef stroganoff?.....now we know who stunk the toilets out everyone..............he he

ROTFLMAO

In the words of Shaggy 'it wasnt me'

• ninja
    ninja

oops...yeah...I forgot freety...the sisters smelled of strawberries...where are my manners?.....muhahahahahahaha

• free2think
    free2think

yep our .......dont stink and we dont sweat we glow.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

...oh and another favorite part of the assembly apart from it being OVER...we got to take home all the LEFTOVER FOOD and the plants from the stage because the next assembly had to fend for itself and had its OWN plants and food!

Always went home with pudding and fruit bags and danish :)

• Mariusuk.
    Mariusuk.

Hmmm memories

Food coupons, Hellas Chocolate bars, Bacon Rolls, donuts......you could volunteer at the DC to be a mobile donut seller, they basically gave you a big tray of donuts and you went around flogging them that was a sweet blag!!

Then they dumped the hot food, losers

• juni
    juni

I remember that too LovesDubs .. about the potted flowers and extra food for sale.

And then they started rationing toilet paper and paper towels......

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    I can remember dreading DCs and being very happy on the last day, after that horrible singing and final prayer.

Good to know I wasn't the only one! I used to hate the DC's/CA's, long before I knew what was wrong with the org.

• Forscher
    Forscher

Ah, those were the days!

The DCs were a step below school lunches. I remember getting spaghetti with sauce so runny that I ate from the fast-food stands from then on. The burgers weren't quite up to MacD's standards, but reasonably edible. The first time I ever saw a burrito was at the 1978 international assembly in New Orleans. Like most folks who'd never seen it before I thought the dough was undercooked. They had to make an announcement assuring the audience that it was properly cooked, I assume because of complaints.

The CAs, on the other hand, were a different matter. I lived in a southern state and our circuit had access to really great commercial kitchen facilities. The folks in charge knew there stuff as well. Some of them had learned their craft out in the real world and the food was worth the wait in those long lines. I volunteered to cook at those assemblies and helped scramble eggs, learned how to fry southern style chicken, and make other southern dishes on a commercial scale. I have some great memories from that time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit