Observations about dubs as people...

by Princess Daisy Boo 35 Replies latest jw friends

• str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up
    str8?so is spaghetti..until you heat it up

I was always surprised at the number of Dubs who claimed to have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Going to the meetings gave me chronic fatigue but you didn't see me making it into a disease!

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

I think the same gullible personality that attracts people to the JW organization is the same gullible personality that falls for get rich quick schemes and quack medicine. I have heard and seen it all: Amway, Arbonne, Colliodal Silver, etc., etc. Man, if people would just invest that money in a good mutual fund, they'd do just fine.

• Bring_the_Light
    Bring_the_Light

Dubs are always afraid, all the time. Afraid of what others think, afraid of whether they'll find people to love in their tiny incestuous community (only Dubs can litterally lose "all their friends" by pissing off a few), and afraid a lucid person might walk in and catch their mental masturbation and make them feel embarassed. I went to a Sunday meeting recently in my home congregation, in worldly clothes (I feel like it would be dishonest to dress in dub-duds, plus I don't currently own any) and I noticed clearly that the love bombing and the shunning (there was both) all came with an intense sense of insecurity on their part. The hardest thing, is there were also a couple wonderful people, mostly those who have unbelieving family. There are some dubs who believe, but don't drink the kool-aid. I'm conflicted about what to think about these ones. I've been planning to announce a symbolic disassociation announcement (never was baptised), but I need to think carefully now because there are people in that I don't want to disrespect. Its on hold until I think somemore.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

You have 25 to 50 families. One hundred or more people that you know something about. Your bound to have a few health nuts and a few get rich quick types. There everywhere. Theres a GNC in every mall and the world is full of get rich schemes.

I recall that some of the health nut types were sickly. Their sickness probably had them looking for relief through vitamins and suppliments.

There are sick people everywhere in the world. People that have asthma and other chronic conditions often dont find relief with traditional health care. So the try vitamins and suppliments.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

years ago, my parents and others in the congregation got in to Shaklee crap!!

• oompa
    oompa
    crazyblonde: years ago, my parents and others in the congregation got in to Shaklee crap!!

haha...several of my inlaws did.....I invented the anti Shackoff name.............oompa....rhymes with

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit