Observations about dubs as people...

by Princess Daisy Boo 35 Replies latest jw friends

• TinyDancer124
    TinyDancer124

I knew so many who were into the home parties (Tupperware, etc.) so they wouldn't have to work and would be able to pioneer. Almost all the mothers were stay-at-home-moms too. I often wondered what kind of jobs their husbands held. I was often embarrassed to admit that I was a working mother lol.

• S3RAPH1M
    S3RAPH1M

The pyramid marketing groups are popular in my city among the dubs.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

#2 in my family

• Jenlet
    Jenlet

Yes, in our case it was Tupperware. Some of the elder's wives sold it.

My dad was well-off so my mom and I were always invited to the Tupperware parties. We were expected to buy, which we always did. As a result, we amassed a huge collection of Tupperware.

I could never understand why we didn't just give these women $50, and ask them to keep the Tupperware. Buying the Tupperware was really just charity on our part, anyway.

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

You have to buy the garbage so that the ones selling it can feel legit...

Otherwise, it is obvious that they are just charity cases.

• heathen
    heathen

I just remember a bunch of very lame two faced dooshes .Allot that I knew were working in construction because some owned their own businesses .

• james_woods
    james_woods

And let us not forget all those "Witness Businesses" - Rug Doctor, Mightee Auto Parts, Janitorial Service Corporations, etc.

• logic&reason
    logic&reason

Also, all of the companies that had either "Pioneer" or "Paradise" in the name:

Pioneer Carpeting

Paradise Lawn Service

Pioneer Cleaning Service

Paradise Construction

etc.

• TinyDancer124
    TinyDancer124

lol my 2 sisters and I each married good JW boys (only my oldest sister is still married, but I digress), and all 3 of those guys' fathers have their own businesses (2 of them are elders).

One was a carpet cleaning company, one was a construction company and the third painted houses.

• oompa
    oompa

These types were a very small minority among dubs....at least enough that most dubs thought they were kooks or crooks. But there seemed to be a lot of really horny guys and girls there.....many would skank around while still in taking friends mates, or hitting the young sisters....but many would just leave and start wild whoring around and partying.........my observation..........oompa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit